Is YouTube really using -14 LUFS rule on everything or am I missing something ?

Discuss how to use FL Studio

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”

Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
bloodcool
Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:40 pm

x

Is YouTube really using -14 LUFS rule on everything or am I missing something ?

Hello to you all :)

********* Before anything, this subject has been solved thanks to @shroomhead_one and @Shruard7 replies so thanks guys !! And here is the answer :
I almost always compare my masters to others. Preferably big ones.
But this time, I compared my master through WLM Plus (which is Waves' loudness meter) to a song I downloaded (just for the test) though a YouTube to mp3 service. And as @Shruard7 mentioned :
Shruard7 wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:23 pm
it downloads the track in its real lufs level
And @shroomhead_one pointed the 'Stats for nerds' which indeed indicate a -5.7dB volume operation from YouTube.
So YouTube actually lowers the volume to match to -14LUFS which is what I was wondering about but using a wrong method until now :mrgreen:

********* Here is my original message :

So I've been working like crazy and I'm back to making music. And I can't wait to share my new track.

So as usual, I'm working on the Master before posting it on YouTube. I have an effects rack with iZotope Ozone 10 and WLM Plus by Waves with a preset made for YouTube streaming.
And I found my Master rather low in volume compared to others if I respect the -14 LUFS rule.

So I imported a track by Rok Nardin called "Where is your God now" (amazing track) in my session, and found out it was measured as a -8.7 LUFS long term max... :!: which is WAAAAAY over the top. :shock:

I watched tutorials on WLM Plus several times and think I'm doing it right but my uploads are way less impactful and loud because I sometimes need to put them down by -4dB to reach the sacred -14LUFS...
I always listen to the whole track with WLM Plus engaged and put the volume down if it ever goes over -13.5 LUFS (which still has the little green check).

So I'd like to know why I see this : Rok Nardin = -8.7 LUFS and it's on YouTube and I still see topics on the need to make our tracks -14LUFS :?: :?: :?:

If anyone knows the answer, I'd be more than happy to know why I'm bothering :lol:

Thanks a lot and have a great day ;)

Sebastien
Last edited by bloodcool on Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shroomhead_one
Content Creator
Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:21 pm

x

Re: Is YouTube really using -14 LUFS rule on everything or am I missing something ?

If you right click a video and then click "Stat...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ASUNDER
Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:42 am

x

Re: Is YouTube really using -14 LUFS rule on everything or am I missing something ?

Metric AB is so good too. Why are they so much...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Trancit
Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:28 am

x

Infinity Records wrote: ↑Wed Mar 27, 2024 5:59 ...
Last edited by Trancit on Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”