FL Studio featured in the Microsoft PC Hookup campaign ...

Discuss how to use FL Studio

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”

Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
kitekrazy
Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:10 am

x

The Unsigned wrote:
Jd wrote:thats not represantativ. Because this means only how often people searching for FL. I think, they are searching because more and more of them are waiting for new version, hope that some more bugs will be fixed, need help! Thats why they search for FL.

Sorry, ok FL is a nice peace of software but really NOT like you or KVR (who´s KVR ) want to tell us. If you looking for statistics which musicsoftware / sequencers are most selled / most used, then you will NOT find FL withing TOP 10. And sorry, that information sells
I believed FL is number 2 in the top 10 DAWs, for the second quarter of 2009. Have I been brainwashed with illuminati propaganda? Seriously, direct me to the statistics (by PM if it breaks the rules), not that they'll make any difference to my image of the top 10 DAWs :roll:

KVR is a valid voice of the audio software community. I discovered most of the audio apps (commercial and free) I own on KVR. Back in the day, it was the only place to find VSTs.

BTW, if we're talking 'bought sequencers' the list would no doubt read:
Pro Tools HD
Pro Tools LE
Pro Tools M-powered
Logic
Cubase
Ableton Live
Then maybe a few other "Power DAWs". This reflects nothing but the 'industry standard'. It also has nothing to do with the point I made. I guess I should discount all coherency in future.
stk wrote:My point being, those numbers don't necessarily reflect useage. Rather, they reflect interest. Still bodes well for FLS, but you've got to take all statistics with a cup of salt.
JM was worried about the image potential customers have of FL/I-L. If FL has the most interest of all time on KVR, this is hardly due to a bad image/negative perspective. In fact, on the contrary.

I'm not a huge fan as advocating statistics as truth myself. However, I do think they accurately reflect my point. I don't think FL has anywhere near the bad rep as it did 8 years ago, when I first started to use it. During the two years I spent doing a music degree I was surprised at the acceptance it has gained with amateurs and professionals alike. I was really expecting the opposite, being at a digidesign certified school and having lived with the stigma it once had. I didn't see that much musical snobbery, and when I did I recognised it as such. There's a real-life observation; no speculation, hearsay, nor statistics. Everyone's happy :D

John
I don't think there is an accurate way of deciding top 10 Daws. Logic? It's not a PC app and less than 10% of the planet uses Macs. I could see that top 10 being more sensible in Europe.
All that Pro Tools stuff collects dust at the local GC. You can usually pawn that stuff on people who are ignorant of the audio app world.

Red_5
Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:15 pm

x

Bucko, you may not have noticed but Unix has ta...

Bucko
Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:27 pm

x

I only use telephones to make calls, and I coul...

wertstahl
Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:17 am

x

Well, Krista from the video is nice. If you wou...

fabz
Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:26 am

x

I only use telephones to make calls,Red was not...

Aura_Qualic
Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:27 am

x

wow i dont know what to say but really. 8.5.4 w...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Bucko
Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:53 pm

x

the point is, that while unix-based systems hav...

Gaeel
Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:26 pm

x

I don't get it, they lend windows machines to p...

alisondavis
Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:33 pm

x

I'm not sure if people will believe this or not...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Red_5
Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:20 pm

x

Bucko wrote:the point is, that while unix-based...

kitekrazy
Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:31 pm

x

Gaeel wrote:I don't get it, they lend windows m...

Bucko
Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:41 pm

x

Red wrote:Linux and me make sweet music regular...

whiligo
Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:32 pm

x

Red wrote: If Adobe made Creative suite for Lin...

fabz
Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:01 pm

x

nwsletter wrote:FL Studio is presented as the r...

fabb
Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:25 pm

x

fabz wrote:And the girl telling that she had ne...

itchie
Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:44 am

x

you have to be a uber nerd to have spent that a...

muusu
Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:16 pm

x

Good job guys, you deserve it!

clusterZ
Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:52 am

x

A friend just installed bootcamp especially for...

kitekrazy
Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:10 pm

x

clusterZ wrote:A friend just installed bootcamp...

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”