Direct Wave "REALISM" with orchestral instruments.

Discuss & Share DirectWave content here

Return to “Direct Wave - Presets & Programming”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Starbuckin
Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:58 pm

x

Direct Wave "REALISM" with orchestral instruments.

I really need help... Have spent hours with the GREAT F1 key and watching youtube vids, researching on Image Line, etc.

I have a GREAT orchestral piece that I'd like to compose. Bought Producer Version of F.L. Studio to do just that. The ONLY orchestral instrument that sounds good is the "FLS Strings". They play as long as you hold the key (or controlled by note length bar in the piano roll) THEN they ALSO play the natural ending of the note.
They are WONDERFUL. MY problem?? I NEED trumpets, bassoons, Tubas, etc.. to do the same thing.
FL came with, and I have downloaded over 12 Gigabytes of samples. ALL the samples that have no loop points are useless to me. If you can't control note length, the instruments are useless. The samples that DO have loop points are also USELESS, because when activating the "Use Loop Points" in the "Channel Settings Menu" When the note is played, it plays ONLY the sound in between the two loop points. This sounds like utter garbage! There is no intro or natural cut off of the note. Be it trumpet, clairenet or whatever. This is the same if I use Edison to SET loop points on any sample I have downloaded.

I am very frustrated. WHY does FLS Strings do exactly what I want, but NO other instrument????????????????

Is there a "FIX" for this? Or do I need to buy the $99 FULL version of Direct Wave? My Producer Version only came with Direct Wave (Player).

What I need to know the most is:

If I buy Direct Wave, are there REALLY gonna be the other orchestral samples (instruments) that I need AND are they gonna sound like REAL instruments (just like the FLS Strings does)?

Is there "more" than the FLS Strings in this "FLS" series that can be purchased and used on my current DW player, INSTEAD of me buying the full blown DW.

I'm almost bankrupt nad can't really afford another $100 hit right now, but I dying to get this music outa my head and into reality!

Also, Is there a way to "fix" the way looped samples are played in the channels when not using DW.

I think EVERYONE will agree that, when you play a note, no matter the note length, it SHOULD naturally come in, play the loop point as long as the key is held down (or told too by the bar in the piano roll) THEN play what's behind the 2nd loop point to the TRUE END of the note.
Can this be done? I don't see why looped samples are useful at all if they don't play the beginning and end of the note. What good is "holding" a sound on for a while if it sounds like garbage?

reflex
Site Admin
Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:48 am

x

The cheapest way would be to set the loop point...

chj
Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:21 am

x

Try what reflex suggested. But for the the soun...

Starbuckin
Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:02 pm

x

Thanks for the replys. I'm still workin' on th...

Starbuckin
Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:15 pm

x

Another one I did, Air Wolf

Here's another one I created entirely with no s...

Return to “Direct Wave - Presets & Programming”