FL Studio drum samples in Battery 3 & Windows Media Player error

Technical support has moved to Ticketing - https://support.image-line.com/redirect ... calSupport

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”

Forum rules
TECHNICAL SUPPORT HAS MOVED!

Technical support has moved to ticketing - START HERE

Some self-help links ...

NOTE: Technical Support is ONLY available Monday - Friday (9 am to 5 pm), it can take a few days to get a response depending on the level of demand. Thank you for your patience.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
chj
Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:41 am

x

FL Studio drum samples in Battery 3 & Windows Media Player error

When trying to drag and drop many FL Studio drum samples into Battery 3 I get: "ERROR: could not load sample (unsupported format feature)". Then I get an option to "Continue loading? Yes or No". Doesn't matter if I select "Yes" or "No" Battery will no longer produce any sound. I have to save the project and reopen it for Battery to work properly again.

So far it looks like FPC samples downloaded from the IL Downloader work fine. But so far all the samples in Data/Patches/Packs/... create this error. For example, samples from Drum Kit 01-08, Vintage, or Legacy/HipHop all produce this error. This list isn't all inclusive, I haven't tried all of them out yet.

There is a fix. If I simply open any of these samples in Edison and resave them, then they work fine. Simple enough for one sample, but it's going to be a HUGE pain in the ass to do for all of the samples. Any idea why this is happening?
Last edited by chj on Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

reflex
Site Admin
Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:25 am

x

A lot of samples included with FL are compresse...

chj
Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:44 pm

x

Thanks for the response, I'll just resave them ...

chj
Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:04 am

x

Windows Media Player also doesn't play these FL...

reflex
Site Admin
Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:07 am

x

Could you give an example of such a sample?

chj
Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:29 am

x

With Battery 3, all the samples I've tried in t...

chj
Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:45 am

x

As I mentioned before, using Edison to open the...

reflex
Site Admin
Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:40 pm

x

It's probably the audio codec that's used. Edis...

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”