Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
frantik
Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:35 pm

x

Creating Custom Delays and Pre-fader Sends with 'Senderella'

Two things you can't do with the FLS mixer are

1. You cannot route a mixer track to itself or any mixer track that is routed to it. This means you can't create custom delays and other kinds of feedback loops

2. You cannot send audio before the fader to another mixer track besides the sends

I used to use Senderella a long time ago before FLS had any kind of bussing, but kind of forgot about it once FLS was improved. Recently though I wanted to create my own custom delays since you can create unique effects by adding distortion, eq, automation, etc and realized Senderella could help

Senderella is a free VST plugin available from KVR

Custom delays
The basic concept behind a custom delay is you create a feedback loop with a single tap delay in the middle. Each time the delayed audio goes through the loop, it is processed with eq, filters, distortion, etc, so that each delay is shaped how you like.

You put a Senderella that is set to 'Return' at the top of the mixer, and a Senderella set to 'Send' at the bottom of the mixer channel. Adjust the send volume to taste to prevent feedback. (During experimentation I recommend putting a Limiter below the lower Senderella to prevent runaway feedback)

You can create a single tap delay using the delay 2 and turning the feedback all the way down, as well as turing the dry signal all the way down.

Add some processing effects and away you go. I've attached an example

Pre-fader sends

Pre-fader sends are sends which are not affected by the mixer track fader. To create one, simply place the send on the last mixer track, and the return on the first mixer track that you want to receive the audio. (The same concept as the feedback loop only you're sending to a different mixer track.

One thing to be aware of is that there is some latency introduced when using Senderella. It's ok for delays and other time based effects, but when doing parallel processing you will need to compensate for the latency. I haven't investigated what the latency value is and/or how to determine it. Also not sure of the internal bitrate of the audio.. i'm guessing 16bit perhaps.. so watch your levels
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

frantik
Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:29 pm

x

i forgot to turn the automation on for the mp3 ...

frantik
Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:36 am

x

bump this since it might have gotten lost in th...

Large
Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:17 am

x

You know, frantik, I've been working on custom ...

frantik
Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:23 am

x

that would be cool large, though it's not too h...

Large
Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:20 am

x

frantik wrote:that would be cool large, though ...

frantik
Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:45 am

x

senderella is just a plug in which expands the ...

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”