Can't figure out how to unmute playlist looped audio clip

Technical support has moved to Ticketing - https://support.image-line.com/redirect ... calSupport

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”

Forum rules
TECHNICAL SUPPORT HAS MOVED!

Technical support has moved to ticketing - START HERE

Some self-help links ...

NOTE: Technical Support is ONLY available Monday - Friday (9 am to 5 pm), it can take a few days to get a response depending on the level of demand. Thank you for your patience.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
bartread
Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:18 pm

x

Can't figure out how to unmute playlist looped audio clip

Hi there,

I just recorded a vocal in FL Studio 9 for the first time, having followed the procedure outlined in the manual for loop recording using the playlist method. I have successfully captured the audio I wanted to put over the intro of a song, but subsequently I've got into a bit of a mess.

Right, so when loop recording, you end up with a load of audio clips, one for each time FL loops over the section in the song, and I've now got rid of all the ones I don't want, including the last one - the one I actually wanted was a penultimate loop. I recorded to an empty mixer track with no other channels linked to it. I've then mapped the recorded audio clip to the mixer track to which all the other vocals are mapped (all other vocals were recorded previously with Audacity and imported into FL Studio).

Couple of things:

(1) There seems to be no pattern corresponding to the recorded audio clip, even though it's clearly there in the playlist editor, and there's an entry for it in the pattern editor - is this correct/expected behaviour?
(2) Try as I might I cannot find a way to unmute the audio clip. I can't even play it from the Channel Settings window even though it's clear that it has captured the audio (there's an actual waveform in the bottom of the window).

I'm really sorry, I know this is dumb, but I just can't find a way to unmute that clip, even though I know it must be something really simple, and I'm finding it incredibly frustrating. Can anyone help please? I've checked the manual, I've searched google, and I've tried every widget in the product that seems like it might do what I want, but to no avail. It would really make my day if somebody could please tell me what it is I'm doing wrong, or what I'm missing.

Thanks!

Bart

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”