Tool for fixing overlapping notes in the Piano Roll

Post your ideas and suggestions here

Return to “To Do”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
nithel
Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:16 pm

x

Tool for fixing overlapping notes in the Piano Roll

Several times I've finished a midi recording, and found that a lot of my notes are overlapping each other. It's not very pretty and it makes the score confusing and hard to navigate, but it also causes problems with some VST plugins.
Fixing them manually, you have to align them yourself, or cut them with the Slice tool, but in both cases you have to first move the overlapping note out of the way so you can access the end of the note it's overlapping, and then move it back again. Fixing a long score like this is painful to say the least..

I'm thinking a simple menu option in the Tools dropdown, or something like that, that will go through the score, adjusting the end times of all notes that are overlapping. Kinda like the quick legato tool, but only touching notes that are actually overlapping (The legato tool doesn't work with chords).

overlapping.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

nithel
Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:09 pm

x

Re: Tool for fixing overlapping notes in the Piano Roll

It doesn't have to be anything more than an alg...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

lbizzy(OVA9000)
Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:06 pm

x

Re: Tool for fixing overlapping notes in the Piano Roll

click and hold the edge of a note (left or righ...

Return to “To Do”