Questions regarding EZG3...

Technical Support forum for EZGenerator Web Site Building Software (open for everyone)
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Nyrican11

Dec 10, 2011 (22:05)
Hello. I have some questions regarding EZG3 that I am hoping can be answered:

* I attempted to create a MySQL page for my website in plans to see if I could finally transition my websites to EZG4. However, when I did the import in the MySQL shop, it imported everything from what I can tell. However, MP3's that I have that were imported do not seem to play. Given that my website (both of my websites actually) rely heavily on the mp3 files for demo reasons, this concerns me. I can see that it supposedly moved the files over. However, I am guessing maybe something didn't configure correctly? Here are the URL's for one of my products in each of the shops (product is Flame Harp): (current shop) - http://www.soundsforbeats.com/sfbstore/store.php?action=item&iid=295&cat=15&page=1 which plays properly (this is my current shop) and here is the URL of the MySQL shop I started working on before encountering the import issue: http://www.soundsforbeats.com/sfbstore/soundsshop.php?action=item&iid=295&cat=15&page=1. which doesn't play the mp3's that were imported (this is my attempt at an MySQL shop I would then be able to convert to EZG4 with). Would I have to manually upload all mp3's again via Innovaeditor?? This by itself would more than likely not have me convert to EZG4 as I have well over 500 files that I would then have to manually upload.

* In EZG3 in the Categories section of the shop page (non SQL though I believe MySQL page also has the same issue), is there any way to be able to insert tags that would populate on the top and bottom? By this, I mean for example, if I have the <Category_Header> tag at the top of my page, and then have %textA% and %ImageA% that would fall within the header tag, is there any way to be able to generate a tag that would allow me to put %textB% and %textC% to populate on the lower part of the page? I notice that it seems in EZG, that the <CATEGORY_HEADER></CATEGORY_HEADER> tags CANNOT intersect the <SHOP_BODY></SHOP_BODY> tags, or else any %field% tags after the SHOP BODY tags will not generate, and instead, only show the %field% string instead. I was hoping to have an image at the top per category, a description, the shop items, and then some more descriptions on the lower part of the page. I'm guessing this is not at all possible, and that the <CATEGORY_HEADER> must be at the top of the page and NOT intersect the SHOP BODY tag for it to work? Is that correct?

* What is the maximum number of items that can be added to the EZG3 Catalog? I have over 500 items in each of my websites, but wanted to make sure I'm not near a problematic end, as it appears I may not be able to convert to EZG4.

* How would i go about creating a shop catalog that sorta has the horizontal / vertical smaller boxes of items such as this: http://www.bigfishaudio.com/catalogView.html?4;12;1:115::511988:::::G511988;A115::View=16;Page=1

* Is it possible to create a "mini cart" option on the home page even though it's not a shop page? Or is this only possible with shop pages only?

* Is it possible to create a random items area that shows random items from the shop page on any pages including home page? I've debated on making an area on my page that shows random items my website sells on all pages that someone is shopping through.

* Is it possible to pinpoint the random items to a specific category of random items only? (for example, show random items in the Shirts category only as opposed to random items in ALL categories)

Thank you in advance for your help with this matter.

Atanas Angelov
Site Admin
Dec 12, 2011 (18:12)
Hi,The non-working mp3s are grabbed from mp3 fo...
Atanas Angelov
Image Line

Nyrican11

Dec 12, 2011 (18:52)
Thank you Atanas for all of the answers to my q...

Atanas Angelov
Site Admin
Dec 13, 2011 (10:32)
Hi,For the tags - your idea (even if it works s...
Atanas Angelov
Image Line

Nyrican11

Dec 13, 2011 (16:25)
Hello again Atanas,Thank you for the reply. I ...

Atanas Angelov
Site Admin
Dec 13, 2011 (17:35)
Hi,In short (will give you more info after I di...
Atanas Angelov
Image Line

Nyrican11

Dec 13, 2011 (18:16)
Not a problem at all Atanas, thank you for look...

Atanas Angelov
Site Admin
Dec 14, 2011 (10:31)
Hi,In our opinion moving from flat to mysql in ...
Atanas Angelov
Image Line

Nyrican11

Dec 14, 2011 (15:04)
Hello Atanas,I was planning to do it from EZG3 ...

Atanas Angelov
Site Admin
Dec 16, 2011 (12:49)
Hi,Normally - yes. Only problem is flat is too ...
Atanas Angelov
Image Line

Nyrican11

Dec 16, 2011 (15:24)
Thank you for the information Atanas. I can pr...

Atanas Angelov
Site Admin
Dec 16, 2011 (16:35)
Hi,No revert in this case. If you upload via v4...
Atanas Angelov
Image Line

Atanas Angelov
Site Admin
Dec 20, 2011 (15:11)
Hi,Atanas Angelov wrote:Hi,Normally - yes. Only...
Atanas Angelov
Image Line

Click here for (Advanced Forum Search)