Observations

EzGenerator V4 forum

Return to “Ezgenerator v4 Customer Forum”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
finestrat
Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:01 am

x

Observations

Since I fitted an extra 4gb of ram last week, I thought the "out of memory" problems I've been experiencing were finished. Everything was responding very fast which increased the amount of work I've been able to do. Unfortunately on Friday after I'd made some modifications to quite a lot of pages, it happened again. Since then, I've been keeping a close eye on the resource monitor and I've noticed that when I start working with ezg 4, its showing Standby 2023 and Free 4584. As I keep working the free section is going down and the standby is going up. When it gets down to around 300 in free the problem starts. This is obviously a windows 7 problem, I don't understand all the ins and outs of ram memory but it would seem that it is something to do with the way that the memory is allocated. If I keep closing ezg and restarting, everything is saved and the ram reverts back to around 4500 free as if most of what was in standby has been emptied. If I click quick save project as I'm working and then look in backup settings I can't see any zip file corresponding to the quick save and it doesn't seem to increase the free memory or decrease the standby memory. Does it save somewhere else when quick save project is used? I can live with this problem so long as I remember to keep shutting down and restarting ezg but it would be nice if somebody has a long term soloution.

matthewfarmery
Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:29 pm

x

Re: Observations

well adding more ram won't technically solve th...

buz
Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:49 pm

x

Its not good when you lose hours of work - I bo...

finestrat
Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:51 pm

x

Thanks for the replies. Its windows 7 home pre...

miro (staff)
Site Admin
Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:34 pm

x

hi i found this related to your flash problem,...

finestrat
Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:36 am

x

Hi Miro Your soloution worked but only if UAC ...

matthewfarmery
Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:25 pm

x

UAC is a waste of time, personally I would keep...

finestrat
Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:37 pm

x

Thanks Matthew, yes I probably will turn it of...

miro (staff)
Site Admin
Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:05 pm

x

hi if you turn it off, make you sure you have ...

Return to “Ezgenerator v4 Customer Forum”