Return to “Ezgenerator v4 Customer Forum”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
nergmlam
Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:13 pm

x

link to page shows as .html and not index.html

Hi

I'm using ezGenerator version 4.0.0.442

My project was working fine with several menu buttons and subbuttons, both in ezGenerator and on my website af upload.

I don't know if it's the reason, but it happened after I hit the "quick save project" button in upper left corner, while I was editing "online administration" in the "project settings" tab, not shown as edit or as browse, but shown as admin in the "explorer panel"

When hitting the save button, ezGenerator terminated at once without any error messages or warnings.

When I started ezGenerator again everything looked fine, and I created some extra default blank sub pages for my menus. Andwhen changing the "link type" from url to "internal page", and hitting my new page, and select OK, then it is shown correct as:

../documents/index.html [About]

and with Target left blank

But after saving it, both in ezGenerator and after upload to my website, the internal "url" was redirecting to .html instead of index. html,

And I doubble checked on the page editing tab, that both filename and folder was correct, and it didn't matter if I created the new sub pages in last created or first created menu button.

I tried to restore my last full backup, but with same result.

So I was forced to copy my project\data folder to another location, and then uninstall ezGenerator and reinstall.

And that solved this issue, but I don't know if it was caused by my saving as told above, and I don't know if you can reproduce this error, but it would be nice with a button in the project tab, that restores A L L default settings for the project.

Atanas Angelov
Site Admin
Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:58 pm

x

Re: link to page shows as .html and not index.html

Hi, Thanks to letting us know about this. Tell...

Return to “Ezgenerator v4 Customer Forum”