Uniblue DriverScanner Malware bundled with FLStudio

for all your technical questions
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: When reporting a bug/crash, please attach AS MUCH INFORMATION as you can, and if possible, a TEST PROJECT as well as the steps to follow in order to reproduce the problem. A video of the problem happening would also greatly help. Bug reports will be processed much faster if you follow these rules, thank you.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
jwallbanger

Apr 11, 2012 (23:12)
I just downloaded the latest FLStudio and bundled with it was a product called Uniblue DriverScanner. I thought this was a component of FLStudio so I gave it permission to install, only to find out the hard way that this is a dangerous malware product. I uninstalled it but now my system is crashing left and right getting the "recovered from a serious error" messages on restart, and System Restore has been mdified so it won't work at all. So I googled "uniblue virus" and found that this company has an infamous reputation as a malware maker. The comments on dowload dot come confirm this as well.
So I can't figure out for the life of my why it would be bundled with FL Studio? I chose the top mirror site on their list for downlaod, this can't be a mistake.
My anti-virus programs are having trouble nailing it down, so if any of you know a way I can get this garbage off my machine without wiping my hard drive I'd appreciate your help.

Blaster

Apr 12, 2012 (0:52)
It isn't bundled with FL Studio. The installer ...

jwallbanger

Apr 12, 2012 (1:02)
You can "blame the user" all you want...

c5_convertible

Apr 12, 2012 (8:20)
jwallbanger wrote:My entire business is on this...

jwallbanger

Apr 12, 2012 (11:20)
Uh, yeah, I have backups. But being shut down ...

nucleon

Apr 12, 2012 (12:27)
Which FL download link did you use exactly?

jwallbanger

Apr 12, 2012 (13:23)
Unless the order of the downlaod sites has chan...