EzGenerator V4 forum

Return to “Ezgenerator v4 Customer Forum”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
buz
Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:37 pm

x

Blog, Calendar and Login functions Questions

Hi Miro and Atanas,

I am looking for a couple of refinements to the way Blog and Login functions operate.

I have created a USER Dependant Editable page (which obviously requires login), However, inside the page, I am providing access to a couple of functions via IFrames. The purpose is to create a secure location for users where User Dependant content can be mantained, by both the business administrator and the specific user - But to also have access from that same page to a couple of shared functions (Calendar/Events list, and a shared blog page for registered users) OK, enough of the background.

1. The user logs in to access the User Dependant Editable page - From there he can look at the events schedule (via iFrame), and check the latest posts from his group of registered users. Both via IFrames) - Problem - When he wishes to post a comment on the blog, or post a blog - He is asked for full ID (Name/Email/ etc. He is already logged into the Main Page (User Dependant Editable Page, however, accessing the Blog via an Iframe doesnt carry the previously logged info. In addition, if I make the blog password secured, I am presented with the default password screen.

How can I have the user id be passed to blog pages if accessed via an IFRAME (if I access the pages using standard menu, there is NO problem).

2. Question - ON the events Module - If a user wishes to register for an event that has been set up to be a regular event (ie: monthly) I can see, if I select to filter for all events in the next 12 months, the full list of scheduled events is displayed. - If the user regisiters for ONE event - The system books him for each occurance of the event (This is not good, unless the system specifically asks to be registered for a specific event date, or all occurances of this event.

The same problem appears when the User UnRegisters from one of the Event occurances - He is unRegstered from EVERY occurance.

Please check the specific page currently under development to see these issues http://www.microventuresgroup.com.au/do ... ctpage.php

3. Final Issue - The BLOG function recently added %WRITE_POST_BUTTON% is great, as it allows direct entry to the new blog entry page, without all the complexities of traversing the Blog admin area. - However - Is there any way (please), to have the SAVE function, at the end of the Blog creation, go back to where the %WRITE_POST_BUTTON% appears? I think to complete this function, we need a neat way to not only step into Create new blog entry - But to also come back to the starting spot - Not drop into the backend BLOG admin area - IF I am correct, we are trying to simplify blog creation, editing and also exiting back to the normal web content page.

Sorry for the lengthy post - But you know, the system is sooo good - that when it doesn't quite do what is needed, it can be sooo frustrating.

Cheers, let me know if these are big issues or not.
Stephen

- the click cancel (after first registering to attend event - an email is sent to confirm the action. However, it appears that the cancel function can be continually clicked (it doesn't indicate that the action has been completed. Is this the way it is meant to be?

Atanas Angelov
Site Admin
Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:27 am

x

Re: Blog, Calendar and Login functions Questions

Hi, Will check what I can do about 3. Added in...

Atanas Angelov
Site Admin
Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:48 am

x

Hi, Redirect is added in latest version (will ...

buz
Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:19 am

x

That is great Atanas - I look forward to trying...

Atanas Angelov
Site Admin
Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:10 am

x

Hi, There are several levels of user access, t...

pmartin172
Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:39 pm

x

All users have to have access to write to the v...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Atanas Angelov
Site Admin
Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:57 pm

x

Hi, That's because you've set this user such a...

pmartin172
Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:20 pm

x

Each user must be able to edit certain pages to...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Atanas Angelov
Site Admin
Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:41 am

x

Hi, Maybe I should do the same: This is what ...

pmartin172
Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:26 pm

x

Wow this is getting good! anyway we are nearly ...

Atanas Angelov
Site Admin
Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:05 am

x

Hi, I'm thinking of adding extra checkbox abou...

Atanas Angelov
Site Admin
Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:27 pm

x

Hi, It will be in the next update: - settings...

Return to “Ezgenerator v4 Customer Forum”