Massive Plugin NOT FOUND Error.... Please help

Technical support has moved to Ticketing - https://support.image-line.com/redirect ... calSupport

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”

Forum rules
TECHNICAL SUPPORT HAS MOVED!

Technical support has moved to ticketing - START HERE

Some self-help links ...

NOTE: Technical Support is ONLY available Monday - Friday (9 am to 5 pm), it can take a few days to get a response depending on the level of demand. Thank you for your patience.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
ArJunaBug
Tue May 15, 2012 1:35 am

x

Massive Plugin NOT FOUND Error.... Please help

This is the second time we have run into this problem and I would like some help understanding how FL Studio and Massive play together.

Back in December I bought FL Studio and NI Massive for my son. Back then, when we upgraded from the "demo" version he had gotten from a friend, he was unable to load any of the projects he had saved always getting the error "The Massive plugin could no be found". After pulling our hair out (and asking for help on here) we gave up and he abandoned the old projects and began creating new projects. He spends many hours a day on this and has since created hundreds of projects. The old computer he was using is a dual-core laptop with limited processing ability, he needed more.

A few days ago we built a new PC with a i7-2700K with 8GB RAM, we installed Windows 7 Ultimate x64, and the latest versions of FL Studio v10.0.9 and NI Massive v1.3.0. Again, just like the last time we are unable to load his projects on the new PC. Every time we try to load a project we get the message "The Massive plugin could not be found".

The old laptop is also running Windows 7 Ultimate x64 and identical versions of FL Studio v10.0.9 and NI Massive v1.3.0. Both machines were installed with default directories.

I need to understand how the FL project files identify the massive plugin and their settings and why they are not working from one PC to another.

I did notice the laptop was storing the VST plugins in "C"\Program Files\Native Instruments\Massive\VSTPlugins" and the 64 bit version was in "C"\Program Files\Native Instruments\Massive\VSTPlugins 64 bit"

as compared to the new PC where it installed them to "C:\Program Files (x86)\VstPlugins" and "C:\Program Files\Native Instruments\VSTPlugins 64 bit".

On the new PC FL Studio is set to look for plugins in "C:\Program Files (x86)\VstPlugins", and the "Massive" plugin is selected in the "Select Generator Plugin" screen.

My Main Question:
Do the project files store the path information for each preset? Does it not just look for the plugin and take it from there? WHat could be causing this problem?

I can't believe that everyone loses their work when they move to another computer with their projects. All the presets he uses have been moved to the new computer and somehow the connection is not being made from the project files to the components.

Massive and All of the presets are installed on the new computer and he can use them to create new projects, he just can't use the old projects. This is maddening.

There must be some way to get the old projects to locate the same installation/version of Massive on the new PC.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ArJunaBug
Tue May 15, 2012 1:50 am

x

Re: Massive Plugin NOT FOUND Error.... Please help

I have attached a sample project created on the...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by ArJunaBug on Tue May 15, 2012 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

reflex
Site Admin
Tue May 15, 2012 6:48 am

x

There seems to be a problem indeed, could be th...

reflex
Site Admin
Wed May 16, 2012 11:12 am

x

ArJunaBug wrote:I would love to see a detailed ...

reflex
Site Admin
Mon May 21, 2012 7:21 am

x

No news about a fix, unfortunately there aren't...

reflex
Site Admin
Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:31 am

x

controlfreque wrote:Just to be clear, I've rein...

reflex
Site Admin
Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:12 am

x

CryLogic wrote:Where is the 64 bit version inst...

reflex
Site Admin
Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:32 am

x

controlfreque wrote:I had the 32 bit installed ...

reflex
Site Admin
Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:24 am

x

LutherGP wrote:I don't really have anything new...

reflex
Site Admin
Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:11 am

x

djnth wrote:I'm having the same issue with seve...

reflex
Site Admin
Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:31 pm

x

Maybe you used the 32bit version of the plugin ...

reflex
Site Admin
Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:36 pm

x

JonasAden wrote:I have both 32 and 64 bit insta...

reflex
Site Admin
Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:05 am

x

JonasAden wrote:They're installed in their two ...

reflex
Site Admin
Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:51 pm

x

JonasAden wrote:Local disk (D:) -> Jonas -&g...

Neliad
Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:13 pm

x

I can open a new instance in massive in both 32...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Neliad
Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:22 pm

x

Do you think that the problem may be that when ...

Neliad
Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:03 pm

x

I did it, but it still will not open. I took a ...

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”