MPD18 with FL Studio

Exchange FPC kits here

Return to “FPC - Presets & Programming”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
deviousbeats
Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:43 pm

x

MPD18 with FL Studio

I've been an FL user for longer than I can remember, probably close to a decade. I recently picked up an Akai MPD18 and I'm attempting to use it with FL Studio via this piece of trash FPC plugin. I have spent the entire weekend messing with this thing and scouring every inch of the internet to no avail. The controller is detected, it triggers sounds in the FPC, I can tap out patterns perfectly, even without a metronome... but EVERY freaking time I try to record something, no matter what preset I load into the MPD via the Editor program, no matter how I mess with FPC in FL Studio, no matter how perfectly timed every hit is... whenever I play back what I've recorded, damn near every single note is automatically time-adjusted. I have swing off in both FL and on the MPD, I do not have note repeat triggered... Nothing has any effect at all on this issue, and at this point this piece of hardware is utterly useless to me, at least with FL as my DAW... I don't know if it would be any different with something like Ableton but I find it hard to believe this thing would behave like this with EVERY piece of software. I really would prefer not to have to switch to another workstation just to use this thing, as I have about 12 years worth of beats currently saved in FL format. What the hell do I have to do to get this damn FPC plugin to stop screwing up every pattern I try to record? I don't know what the problem is, but after almost 30 hours of googling and searching forums and messing with settings, I'm about to put my fist through the table. hehe. If anyone has any idea as to a solution, be it a custom preset for the MPD or something that can be changed in FL, PLEASE help me out here.

Drowsy
Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:48 pm

x

Re: MPD18 with FL Studio

Just got one a couple days ago. The same thing ...

a deaf bat
Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:44 am

x

Do you have any other midi controllers, and do ...

UlrikSander
Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:36 pm

x

Have you tried right-clicking the FPC channel a...

Return to “FPC - Presets & Programming”