FL displays wrong octave

Discuss MIDI Controller support/issues here

Return to “MIDI Controller Support”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
catspaw
Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:27 am

x

FL displays wrong octave

I believe this is my first post/question. I have a Korg Triton Taktile 49. I have FL 12 Fruity. I am new to this s/w. I tried searching for my issue in this forum with no luck.

When I play a note on the keyboard, for example C4, FL displays C5 (in the tool bar window, upper left). The display is always one octave higher.

Now, the sound is correct. FL matches the octave (say from an FL kybd plug-in) of the Korg. Playback also seems to be correct, sonically. The kybd plug-in I used also shows the note as being one octave higher on the virtual kybd. The notes recorded in the Piano roll are also recorded one octave higher, yet, the audio is still correct.

I checked in Debug and the log shows one octave higher. So, I'm assuming it's not a mapping in the plug-in.

I also checked with MidiOx. MidiOx shows the correct value. If I play C2, MidiOx shows C2. So, I'm assuming the kybd is, in fact, outputting the correct midi note.

Yes, externally, everything works. But, this will cause me great confusion if I try to start using any manual mapping. I will never know whether FL is going to "self-correct" the octave or not.

In Midi Settings I have two input drivers. One is listed as TR tactile-49 which works. The second is MIDIIN2 (TR tactile-49). This one does nothing and I don't know what it is there for. I use "generic controller" as the TR is not support specifically.

So, I'm hoping some one here has an explanation, because as far as I'm concerned, regardless of whether it's working correctly, FL is confusing the data.

NTO
Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:52 am

x

Re: FL displays wrong octave

There's a few threads around about the note nam...

NTO
Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:02 pm

x

Here's a pic of my settings. The port numbers ...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

catspaw
Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:02 pm

x

This is all greek to me. All that requires is f...

sirchris
Sat Apr 13, 2024 6:01 pm

x

Was this ever fixed so FL can play nicely with ...

HDSQ
Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:44 am

x

sirchris wrote: ↑Sat Apr 13, 2024 6:01 pm Was t...

Return to “MIDI Controller Support”