General FL Studio and Image-Line plugins discussion.
'How to' and 'I can't work this out' questions go here.
'This doesn't work' or 'I have found a bug' goes in Techsupport.
These rules apply in ALL Image-Line forums.
Access to these forums is a privilege associated with ownership of an Image-Line product, this access is not a right, consider yourself a guest in the Image-Line house. We expect you to conduct yourself here as you would as a guest in a real home. Therefore, any thread that is deemed by the moderators to be:
- threatening (flaming)
- attempting to pick a fight (trolling)
- has excessive bad language
- put downs (including racial, religious or cultural slurs)
- is lewd has obscene, vulgar or sexual content
...will result in the thread being locked or deleted, and a warning given to the offending poster/s.
If the offending poster/s continue to behave badly in the view of the moderators after having received a warning, they will be banned from Image-Line forums for a period at the discretion of the moderators. Continued spamming or other attacks on the Image-Line sites, forums or customers after a user has been banned may result in the offending user/s Image-Line accounts being deleted.
Nagging about removed threads or banned users
When we close/delete a thread or ban a member (usually temporarily), this is to stop a flame-war or cool down an overheated/intoxicated individual. There's absolutely NO need to start threads 'wondering' where thread 'X' or user 'Y' has 'suddenly gone'. This is seen by Image-Line management as a form of 'trolling' as it does little more than reignite the issues that caused the problem in the first place. If a thread has been deleted, move on.
Thread titles are searchable, and so contribute to the ever growing data-base users can research in order to solve their problems. Help! is a dumb title as -
1. It provides no clue as to what the issue is.
2. Reduces the likelihood that someone with a solution to your problem will answer you. Why should they read a 'Help' post?
3. Shows disrespect for other forum users. Without a topic it's forum 'spam'.
So rather than "Help!!!!" why not "Help! How do I stop FL Studio crackling". It's actually fun thinking of a few key words to clearly describe your post, try it. If you don't include the subject for your help request, then it may be locked or deleted, at the whim of the moderators. Your thread may also be renamed or deleted if the title bears no relationship to the contents of the thread.
Various words entered in these forums deemed to be unacceptable (oldspeak) will automatically revert to the term acceptable to Image-Line (newspeak). Do not be alarmed, your posts will be 'double plus good' in short order
Sound or project examples
If you are asking for advice about some strange noise, aspect of your sound or music, post some short .mp3 (160+ kbps encoded) or a .zip project (if you can).
While we appreciate the good intentions of those posting of sales & group buys to competitors products, please realise that these often compete for the limited budgets of our customers too. For this reason we see it as a little impolite to use our forum to advertise them.
Looking for help?
Posts with 'Help' and no further information in the title will be locked, deleted or ignored, at the whim of the moderators.
If you have a technical problem please consult -
1. The Knowledge Base. This contains a searchable database of common problems with the forums, registration and FL Studio.
2. The FL Studio Manual. The live manual in FL Studio (press F1) can be searched on several levels, check the INDEX and SEARCH tabs to the left of the text window.
3. Search these forums. It's possible that your problem has already been discussed. Try searching the forums.
4. The Tech Support Forum. Please be patient if you post here, we work through the posts several times per day. Staff are based in Europe and the USA.
5. Back-office Technical Support Team. Here you can create a create a traceable support-ticket. This link is primarily for registration and purchase problems.
Please bear in mind that we have well over 1,500,000 active users of FL Studio. The programs & plugins are mature, stable and free of very obvious bugs. This means that it is likely technical problem/s will be solved by changing a setting somewhere in windows or FL Studio (there are many options) or by re/installing the program/drivers.
Finally, if you are using a BETA version of something, report any bugs on the relevant forum, don't complain about them in Tech Support
We want to help, but need your cooperation. Please be clear and positive if you have a request for help.
FL STUDIO FEATURE REQUESTS
Before making a request, please look down this list. This is just SOME of the things we are working on...
- ** System - In-app registration and purchases
- ** GUI - Touch-instruments keyboards/triggers/pads/etc for Patcher? Master? Must be recorded into Piano roll.
- ** GUI - Vector GUI for all IL plugins.
- ** Mixer - Fix APDC for multi-out plugins (revisit what can be done for APDC in general).
- ** Provide some system for presetting destination track.
- ** Recording - Show audio on Playlist tracks as it is recorded. If not actual audio, some audio-modulated placeholder graphic.
- ** Sampler plugin - replace / update DirectWave
- ** VFX Pads and Keys plugins
- ** System - use help from website instead of chm.
- ** System - unicode support in FL plugin sdk.
- ** Patterns - Better pattern management
- * MIDI - Improve performance with MIDI hardware. Sysex
- * MIDI - Make controller support scriptable and outside FL Studio code. The idea is for faster / easier / OEM control of scripts.
- * Mixer - Fix multi-move problem when faders are dragged to zero and released and then re-grabbed.
- * Mixer - Grouped faders. Some way to create permanent fader groupings.
- * Patcher - Patcher MIDIson MIDI editor/recorder/looper. See Minihost Modular for some ideas on Piano-roll within Piano-roll.
- * Playlist - Paste Clips at the Cursor position (option or default?).
- * Playlist - Investigate options for automatically grouping / merging audio clips with their automation.
- * Playlist - Record audio and midi in performance mode
- * Recording - Detect inputs on the Mixer with audio on them and indicate it on the input options menu (i.e orange names). Some ideas here worth reviewing also.
- * Render to Video - Make it simpler. Add a visualizer to the master (if there's no visualizer yet) and show the Visualizer template selector (to be added by Ville).
- * Shortcuts - User configurable shortcuts. Will require some editor/system.
- * Shortcuts - Suggestions for PL, mixer, PR (link)
- * Time signatures - Both Patterns and Playlist need to reflect a selected Time signature.
- * System - Show all missing plugins in a single dialog at the end of loading a song (together with samples?).
- * System - Good freeze and unfreeze
- ASIO - Add a virtual audio cable for the main outputs, or possibly as an additional output, when FL Studio is open.
- Audio recording - Ping option for latency control?
- Audio rendering - option to open target folder in File Explorer window when rendering has finished
- Automation Clips - Improved editing precision. 1. Right-click type-in value to points. 2. Quick method for adding points to the envelope at the lines existing value. It's very easy to mess up the value now.
- Automation Clips - Make locating source/target easier. Option on linked target controls (Right-click) "Show in playlist" that selects the linked Clip/s. From the Automation Clips menu "Select destination targets" (if on plugins) or open FL Studio Windows if on FL Studio.
- Browser - Revisit search for missing files options/process (suggest select search drive/folder to start looking in).
- Browser - User adjustable sample preview-length option. Plus, improved functions?
- Channel rack - Explore new Automation Clip and Audio Clip visualization options
- Channel rack - Pattern name show on Channel Rack (where it now says 'Channel Rack'. Put the Pattern selection menu back (i.e FL Studio 11).
- Channel rack / mixer - New ways to mute and solo tracks and channels (project thread)
- Channel rack - More advanced grouping options.
- Channel Rack - Lock volume and other controls?
- Channel Settings - Add mute control to the left of Pan.
- Control surface - Horizontal sliders.
- Control surface - Send note on/off from buttons (i.e. use as pads).
- Control surface - Update XY control. [#137]
- Control surface - Method to automatically add any clicked/tweaked control to a Control Surface.
- Control surface - Add digiwheel control. [#231]
- Control surface - Add keyboard control (sends notes out). [#230]
- Control Surface - Show adapted popup menu when multiple controls are selected. [#317]
- Envelopes - Auto enable upon edit.
- Edison - Fix external input recording latency.
- Edison - Colored wave display
- Edison - Provide more info to user about Edison instances in song (if they use a lot of memory)
- Files - Make setting the default template more obvious. Put an option in General settings. http://www.image-line.com/support/FLHelp/html/menu_file.htm#FLStudio_Menubar
- GUI - Investigate user control over labeling brightness/contrast for key windows.
- GUI - Investigate why the default HTML background plus other things are causing GUIs of certain plugins to choke/slow/slugg
- GUI - More elegant mouse-overshoot behaviour (See point 8 here).
- GUI - Option to completely switch off window transparency.
- GUI - Save/recall multiple workspace/window layouts (could be a few buttons on the Extra shortcut panel 3? or Menu).
- GUI - User control over plugin window colors. It could also be linked to Channel Button color.
- GUI - Customizable keyboard shortcuts.
- GUI - Investigate accessibility options, e.g. Colorblind.
- GUI - Investigate improvements to snap.
- GUI - Better error messages (for example: "registration failed" & "plugin not found").
- GUI - Allow typing actual values for controls, instead of just percentages.
- GUI - Open panels in dialog windows by default (for example: link to controller window).
- GUI - Lock sliders/knobs from inadvertent movement.
- GUI - Auto focus windows when mouse moves over them?
- GUI - Tabbed docking for PL, PR, ... windows?
- GUI - Allow the Track Inspector PDC controls to be controlled by the Last Tweaked generic knob.
- Harmor? - Per voice distortion (request)
- Install - Automated transfer of user data from existing installations to new ones.
- Internet - Revisit all internet activity components. News, Render dialog, Update checks. Decide overall strategy/actions. What to show in render dialog when no internet available?
- MIDI - FL Studio to slave to MIDI sync. Also sync to other instances/applications.
- MIDI - Revisit binding of controllers to Channels etc (MOD and PITCH bend). What can we do to make this easier. Also binding FL Studio transport controls to controllers.
- MIDI - Advanced device assignment.
- MIDI - Scripting for controller support.
- MIDI - When turning on 'Send master sync' in the MIDI settings ALSO flip 'Options > Enable midi master sync' ON.
- Mixer - Brighter mixer VU and hint labels option
- Mixer - Stems thru master render
- Mixer - Investigate 'Create submix...' issues as reported by Adam.
- Mixer - Investigate issue of Mixer presets saving dock position.
- Mixer - Make 'Reset' menu items for FX slots, Channel Buttons, Mixer tracks and the whole Mixer (should require a two-step confirmation)
- Mixer - Make Fader/Meter height handle more obvious.
- Mixer - Resolve problem for Wide 2 and Extra Large where the fader value hint (on channel) is hidden by the fader handle at the top of the travel.
- Mixer - Revisit mute/solo options behaviour. Users are confused by how it works, suggest alternatives and Mute/Solo grouping.
- Mixer - Right-click (option in the menu somewhere) on Mixer Track routing selectors to select from a Mixer track list (i.e, as in Patcher when selecting outputs on plugins).
- Mixer - Option for Panning to switch from cross-channel panning (as is now) to L/R level based panning (as is possible with Stereo Shaper).
- Mixer - Save Mono input recordings as Mono files.
- Mixer - Mono outputs, same as the Mono inputs ( for Mixer track OUT).
- Mixer - More tracks.
- Mixer - Option to patcherize a single track's effects.
- Mixer - Save whole Mixer Templates
- Mixer - Peak hold function + ability to inspect.
- News panel - Make messages more user oriented?
- Options - Revisit the options bundled into 'Auto select linked modules' and see what can be separated into menus on the relative windows (e.g. Playlist, Piano roll, Browser) or in General Settings. Same for 'Click and hold functions' and wherever else options are aggregated.
- Options - Re-organize settings window with "simple" and "advanced" views.
- Parametric EQ2 - Mono monitoring mode to avoid L/R phase cancellation.
- Parametric EQ3 - Spec here
- Patcher - link soloing?
- Patcher - Automatically activate tweaked controls. [#65]
- Patcher - Patcherize selection of modules inside Patcher. [#353]
- Patcher - Button on plugin window to show the associated Patcher window. [#354]
- Patterns - Sort Pattern list by Name, Color etc?
- Piano roll - Piano roll - Fixed scale highlights (Paul). Related - Liquid Music & Synfire
- Piano roll - BRSO Articulate integration
- Piano roll - Piano roll Event and Note data selector/icons to the left of the event data area. Draw attention to the right-click options hiding here.
- Piano roll - Remember PR window zoom & position settings per channel (option).
- Piano roll - Fix brush tool behaviour, see discussion here.
- Piano roll - Reset note event data for selections of notes
- Piano roll - User nameable notes. See BSRO discussion.
- Piano roll - Randomize tool. Change range to Semitones (72).
- Piano roll - Integration of Scale grid highlights with Note names. Show Sharps/Flats as per scale.
- Piano roll - Option to show Ghost notes only from selected Channels.
- Piano roll - Select notes based on velocity
- Piano roll - 'Flush score logger' button option for tool-bar.
- Playlist - Investigate tabbed playlist. Multiple playlists available in a single project.
- Playlist - Make unique options. Simpler/faster way of making it happen.
- Playlist - Slice and Paste-unique functions.
- Playlist - Investigate performance mode Clip grouping
- Playlist - Save Group, save grouped clips as a preset in the Browser and then being able to drag them into future projects.
- Playlist - Add 'Playlist menu > Select > Select possible conflicts' to select/highlight all overlapping Clips.
- Playlist - Better compiling / comping of recordings
- Playlist - Add features to allow 'Punch in' recording.
- Playlist - Investigate adding more tracks.
- Playlist - Investigate absolute snap.
- Playlist - Select conflicting clips.
- Playlist - Show more of what's coming when auto-scroll is on.
- Playlist - Show audio (or placeholder) in audio clip while it's recorded.
- Playlist - Method for muting/unmuting multiple Playlist tracks (click and drag on the Playlist headers with a ctrl key held?)
- Playlist - Move markers as a group
- Playlist - Loop end marker
- Playlist - Metronome start/stop marker types.
- Plugin - Fruity Gate. Based on Maximus envelopes.
- Plugins - Allow plugins to add tabs to the plugin window's selector?
- Plugins - Modulated reverb (link)
- Plugin Manager - Improve it.
- Plugin Manager - Sort/display plugins by vendor option.
- Project - Improved project file management (project folder is currently hidden in project settings). Think about better way to use it, expose it to users. I.e when creating New project, create a sub-folder named after the project with this path auto-set. (thread)
- Project - Review Backup system. How many backups to keep (need more than now), how they can be accessed, what info do users need to see?
- Project - Revisit the GUID code for dragged samples and look for a more human-readable solution e.g. - Project + D/M/Y + H/M/S
- Sampler - Update Channel & DirectWave Include Deckadance Solo functions.
- Sampler - Make 'Keep on Disk' work with 24 Bit samples. I.e load them and auto-convert to 32 Bit (like Edison does when you edit a sample).
- Sampler - Remember the waveform preview setting per-channel (right-click on preview window options).
- Score logger - Flush function so the start time is known. Perhaps a button on the toolbar options?
- Shortcuts - Consider harmonising Ctrl+Shift+S
- Shortcuts - Shortcuts for all file export options
- System - 64 Bit WAV handling (break the 2 GB barrier).
- System - Make .flp files support data > 2GB.
- System - Compare Direct Waves 64 Sinc code to FL Studio for speed. Direct Wave is faster? How does the quality compare? See Dan.
- System - Mono sample export.
- System - Option to purge unused patterns and automation.
- System - Improve .flp loading speed (buffer file reads).
- System - Move user data and config out of the FL folder.
- System - Investigate making thumbnails of plugins that don't work now (e.g. Waves plugins)
- System - Investigate making it possible to edit properties of multiple selected items (channels, playlist tracks, ...)
- System - Show cpu used by each plugin?
- System - Slide out panels with most used options for PL, PR, ... instead of having to use the menus
- System - Envelope editor for every linked control (audio triggered as well?)
- System - Soft pickup support (link)
- Video Player - Fix project/time sync issues with tempo changes.
- Wave Candy - Horizontal spectrum display [#1449]