How to use full Jayce Lewis kit in piano roll/sequencer? (FPC is too small)

Exchange FPC kits here

Return to “FPC - Presets & Programming”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
McNellicutti
Sun Jan 21, 2024 9:43 am

x

How to use full Jayce Lewis kit in piano roll/sequencer? (FPC is too small)

I started loading all the Jayce Lewis one-off drum samples into an FPC and found that I was going to be a few pads short to be able to fit everything (including all the overheads and room mic samples). Is there another way to use velocity-layered samples in FL Studio that doesn't limit one to 32 sounds and can be sequenced in the piano roll? Does directwave work like this? This is not for performing on any hardware -- I just use FPC to get velocity-layered drums to use in piano roll.

One very-near solution I found was using the "Layer" plugin to just control multiple FPCs -- but then when I go to the piano roll for the Layer plugin, the keys are not labeled with what drum is on what key. That's not usable for me. There's no way to add custom labels in the piano roll, is there?

Maybe there is a Patcher solution? I was trying to figure out how to have one FPC pass through its midi notes (i.e., the midi notes that it was being called upon to play by the piano roll) on to another FPC to play at the same time. I couldn't figure it out (I've no experience with Patcher).

Worst case, I guess I can use the "Layer" plugin solution, but just work on the FPC with all the main samples and then cut/paste into the "Layer" piano roll to get them to propagate to the the room mics and overheads samples.

Any ideas would be much appreciated! THANKS!!

Return to “FPC - Presets & Programming”