Learning patcher, here are 2 (not great) presets! [Requires some free 3rd party plugins]

Share your Patcher presets here

Return to “Patcher - Presets”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
50CalBeats
Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:36 am

x

Learning patcher, here are 2 (not great) presets! [Requires some free 3rd party plugins]

Hello,

I'm currently learning some patcher stuff, and so I tried making a specified transient shaper and a GUI for Airwindows Tube2 with a bonus feature. I will warn you that they are not amazing otherwordly tools! But I still find them handy from time to time.

transient tool.png
transient tool.png (84.96 KiB) Viewed 541 times

First, the Transient Tool -- which requires Kilohearts Transient Shaper -- elegantly named "Golden Kick Shaper GUI -12db INPUT" ( :lol: ). This thing is meant to be fairly subtle and simple to use. I highly recommend setting your input sound to peak around -12db before using it, you can always adjust this within the preset once it is loaded with the INPUT and OUTPUT sliders. There are three main sections: 1st Transient Shaper, Waveshaper Drive, and 2nd Transient Shaper.

--Within the first section there are three buttons that flip between more/less attack, more/less "pump", and more/less sustain ever so slightly. I didn't want to go crazy with it!

--The audio then feeds into Waveshaper Drive, which, is clearly waveshaping distortion. I attempted to keep this curve sorta clean but with more character than your standard sine function, and also mapped to keep the input level relatively close to the output level. Very neat! :roll:

--Lastly it hits a second transient shaper that will help to restore your transient onset curve that the waveshaper likely flattened, or at least smoothed out quite a bit. Again there are three buttons that flip between settings of more/less attack, and more/less body. I chose to set a dedicated sustain reduction because... I'm lazy and didn't want to make yet another button, and it also helps reshape the distorted sound back into a more easily used waveform. There is also a bypass button towards the bottom that disengages this section entirely.

Airwindows Tube2 GUI.png
Airwindows Tube2 GUI.png (14.56 KiB) Viewed 541 times

Moving on to the Airwindows Tube2 FL Interface -- which obviously requires Airwindows Tube2. This one is has an even catchier name, "Airwindows Tube2 with Output and HYPE"! The purpose of it is to give a GUI to one of my favorite Airwindows plugins while allowing the user to easily compensate for gain changes, and also introduce a little extra presence and oomf when needed.

--There is only one section here, which includes sliders for Input and Tube Strength (they only go up because up is better than down!), a self explanatory Output slider, and a HYPE button that introduces a low shelf dip (90hz) and high shelf boost (~3.6khz) to the signal before Tube2, and follows with a small bump (65hz) and slight shelf dip (~3.9khz) after the Output stage. Why? Because it sounded good on what I was testing it on at the time of course! Just try it out and disable it if you hate it.

---[NOTE: Tube2 inherently introduces coloration and a small gain increase when loaded normally. The default settings I used tied to the Input and Tube Strength sliders attempt to combat this]

Anyways, I hope you enjoy using these if you end up downloading them. Like I said, they were ultimately just tests to see if I could even manage to use Patcher somewhat effectively, so they probably won't be your new workhorse tools. If anyone has any suggestions or advice please feel free to share,have fun! :D
Attachments
Golden Kick Shaper GUI -12db INPUT.fst
(74.5 KiB) Downloaded 24 times
AirWindows Tube2 with Output and HYPE.fst
(21.62 KiB) Downloaded 25 times

Omnifold
Fri Mar 01, 2024 12:40 am

x

Re: Learning patcher, here are 2 (not great) presets! [Requires some free 3rd party plugins]

50CalBeats wrote: ↑Thu Feb 29, 2024 11:57 pm Om...
Attachments
test 1.fst
(36.62 KiB) Downloaded 15 times

Return to “Patcher - Presets”