Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”

Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Robb Allen
Fri Mar 15, 2024 12:07 am

x

Extracting portions of an existing project

I have a song I'm working on. It starts off as pure EDM, then switches to a different vibe, and then, for some reason, I switched to some ridiculously funky bass work. While the riff is in the same key, it has veered off the focus of the original path of the song.

That said, the transition between the two parts, combined with some of the best bass work I have ever done, is a keeper. Just not in the same song. My goal is to move the funky part out, completely redo the drums to be real vs EDM sounding, yadda yadda yadda.

Then the two songs will be back-to-back and I want to keep the actual transition, but I want to move large portions of the song out into a different project for easier management as the current project is getting bloated. At the end of the 2nd song, I want to bring in elements from the first song to tie them back together.

Is there an easy way to move select portions of one project into a new one, or am I just going to have to copy the project and delete the 80% I don't need?

I've attached (raw & unmixed) a copy of the transition & bass line, complete with stand-in drums & keys. Just because ;)
funk_riff.mp3
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Ked O.P.
Sun Mar 17, 2024 3:20 pm

x

Re: Extracting portions of an existing project

Can you not just save new version then remove t...

Robb Allen
Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:05 pm

x

Re: Extracting portions of an existing project

Ked O.P. wrote: ↑Sun Mar 17, 2024 3:20 pm Can y...

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”