See, Learn and Create with cogeneration play option

Post your ideas and suggestions here

Return to “To Do”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
WilliamAshley
Mon Mar 25, 2024 7:55 am

x

See, Learn and Create with cogeneration play option

I had a thought responding to another post so adding it as a possible feature.

Summary: This feature would let you toggle on current playlist playback in a computer enhanced sid player like keyboard at the bottom of the screen, showing what is playing with each channel / clip playing its own color, and playback meta information would be provided. A casio style button would appear at the keys of a channel of endusers choice so they know what keys to press - an optional alternate tab interface may show instead of a keyboard. Meanwhile a wavecandy like overlay can alos have the notes shoot down from the top of the screen and you could earn points if you time them properly. The AI chord progression tool and riff generator might run in a contiunous mode to generate suggested mode and act as a note playback trainer. A further songplay mode like casio or midilearn piano programs might also let people learn to play specific channels of a given song. An advanced mode of this may interact witha given controller such as the fl key or akai fire to train people in how to use the functions by providing peformance real time tasks to do with the controllers.

As I had the thought and thought it would be sort of neat sharing it in the todo.

IMO it might be cool to add a sid player window you can add to the bottom of piano roll and maybe an alternate view of the sid window as a guitar hero window so the notes come down like guitar hero, that might be cool to add to the piano roll record too. :) Perhaps an ai feature, or even a horizonal keyboard view that has those little casio style lights when these chord and riff progression tools get good perhaps there can be a while playing mode where the ais expected notes light up or shoot down like a guitar hero note. horizontal keys mode and sid experience would be cool this was the first computer music playback engine style well before MP3 or most everything.

Little secondary to the create new midi track if have not stopped recording request - perhaps in addition to the midi dump option you could have an overflow option rather than loopback option you could tick somewhere. Yes so that the midi / audio playback pitch mapped audio to pitch function could let you play along or record, and the sid player function could let you visualize multiple channels playing in their own unique colors. Meanwhile the ai could shoot down notes to play like a wave candy guitar hero overlay. Wouldn't that be a much cooler new function than adding a new midi track when your old one is full? And the AI could adapt to your midi notes and the midi dump file to improvise new things to play as play suggestions. An optional score mode could be added too if you play the notes the ai suggests.
Note if anyone ever entertains this just bear in mind that there are atari chip emulators etc.. if you can emulate a hardware synth emulating commodore ships motorola etc.. and providing some type of native compute! or tracker vst probably would be doable if you run out of classic synths to emulate. Just an aside not a full fledge request just entertaining the thought that I had. There are commodore emulators written in python for 64bit windows and stuff so might be a nostalgia factor for anyone who started using commodore, amiga etc.. to emulate these like a hardware synth there are some 3rd party programs that do this none the less I think it would be neat to emulate the play along stuff and combine it with ai chord and riff generation tools for a suggested play along and improvisation interaction with ai and casio/sid like functions. A built in learn to play function would be sort of neat, there are some stand alone learn to play programs with midi but learning both fl and midi instruments even knob tweaks in a training mode is a thought.
My first search on guitar hero was actually a fl studio video.............

I remember learning how to type with the "letter space invaders game" where letters fall from the top of the screen I could see a guitar hero like adaptation on this or casio tape play along built as an optional feature in fl studio that can be turned on and the channel can be selected or a live ai generation mode that you can play with and generate notes etc.. not much focus is on skill training tools but think this could help people improve their musical skills and provide some entertainment value also.

-------

Just a further thought on this waking up in that you could also feed it into the Fruity CoProducer with LLM like "song lyric generation paired with the chord/riff etc.. generator for a "vocal generator" using a technology like

to have ai also be able to generate lyrics. Obvious still very new at this point but I can see it where you could get improvisational stuff going with a type of autogeneration.

Likely could leverage asks such as viewtopic.php?t=319664

The loopback on this would be a "learn" and generate avenue.

So the see may be to read the data the learn is showing you how to do it and to be able to feed it information like midi/ audio or mic data and compare it, while the generate can use the previous data and the data it is provided to create new data such a alteration to lyrics like chat, new musical note data based on llm learned model for note inputs + the active song / generation and aspects of that such as instrumnets, vocal ranges and other characterizers such as genre tempo adsr lenght stereo mix space etc..

Return to “To Do”