Post your ideas and suggestions here

Return to “To Do”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
KJinx101
Tue Apr 02, 2024 10:53 am

x

Patcher [Scripting?]

Old Idea in this text; perhaps better idea in reply
Not sure if this is doable, but dropping this here in case it may be a simpler request to implement than most related to patcher in the channel rack:

Being able to define a 'primary' generator plugin

This is mainly in the name of trying to save channel rack space without needing to continually modify groups and make saving modular templates more efficient;
Some plugins like BRSO articulate have the ability to modify the appearance of the Piano Roll. (Note color names, keyboard pitch names, event editor features, etc.)
The idea would be to define a primary generator plugin to trick the Piano roll into getting its information from that primary plugin (and it would treat that primary plugin as if it were in the channel rack rather than inside of patcher). Users who make drum kits for use in the piano roll would be able to benefit from this as well, since they would be able to save patcher presets without having to worry about midi routing, as well as those who use BRSO articulate.

Very low priority, of course, but in case it may be simpler, I wanted to drop the suggestion in hopes that it could happen sooner. (I was looking at other suggestions such as the piano roll as a VFX plugin inside of patcher and thought this sounds a lot easier if it's simply a matter of passing parameters)
Last edited by KJinx101 on Fri Apr 05, 2024 4:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

KJinx101
Fri Apr 05, 2024 4:05 am

x

Re: Patcher + Plugins that affect the Piano Roll

I was thinking about it again and figured it ma...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

KJinx101
Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:40 am

x

Re: Patcher [Scripting?]

Consolidating Patcher Ideas - [Throwing in Laye...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “To Do”