You can find FL Studio 8.5 (Beta 5) in your account (check the FL product you own).
It will expire on the 20th of September and we'll post a new on by then (not as copy protection but to make sure
people use the new beta's and don't complain about fixed bugs). You can find & post problems in the bugs & fixes forum.
The installer was last updated on July, 27nd. Please download it again if you downloaded it before or on this date.
Updates since the first beta 5
- fixed vorbis acm codec ("lorikeets" sound with compressed wave files)
- fixed playlist crash when manipulating clips
- fixed something in Vocodex
- fixed loading VST plugin I/O settings from beta 4 projects
Here's what's new & fixed between beta 4 & beta 5:
- made sure soundfonts load even though a (previously mandatory) chunk is missing
- added support for 24bit and 32bit aiff files
- fixed loading soundfonts with multiple banks/presets when those were resorted
- continue to load soundfont even if it doesn't have the "isng" chunk
- added "copy to all zones" options for a number of zone properties
- added some more locks when creating layers
- new skin, some more changes
- added possibility to "spread even" on a logarithmic scale
- locking layers doesn't automatically spread them even anymore
- now remembers the midi loop name when preset/file is loaded back
- fixed graphical glitch in slider button
- parameters past unison had the wrong index when sent to the engine
- calculate new sample position when plugin is processed, instead of when wrapper is processed
- Wrapper: decreased max value of interfaceless wheels to prevent weird behaviour
- Wrapper: cleaned up error message when DX plugin isn't found
- added buy button
- Changed status bar message for failed downloads, when the user is boxed
- option to load regcode from file now also works in Windows
- added "download regcode" menu item in manager
- added possibility for web link items
- double-clicking a failed item will go to the registration page (boxed) or retrieve regcode page (online users)
- changed text for boxed registration popup menu item
- fixed prev preset selection
- fixed focus bug related to modal content selector
- fixed bug executing items after download, wrong list was used
- paused downloads are now added at the top of the list
- tree will refresh less frequently
- now deletes all relevant .info files when removing waiting or finished downloads; tp get rid of multiples
- tree won't jump back to top when refreshing in response to finished download
- Updated score logger to work better with tempo changes (works a little differently now).
- Can now delete playlist clips from their menu (handy for overlapping clips).
- Added note preview when changing velocity (or other properties) in piano roll using ALT+mouse wheel on nearest note.
- Edison: improved loop tuner (new tension feature).
- Change: audio tracks are no longer set to "cut themselves".
- Fixed minor automation bug in Slicex.
- Fixed minor graphical mistake in mixer skin.
- Up/down controls should now have no more problem with multiple monitors of different sizes.
- Updated to LAME 3.98.2.
- Improved playlist mouse wheel scrolling.
- Right-clicking the playlist clip focus button brings a list of either audio, automation or pattern clip sources.
- Improved "split mixer tracks" rendering filename management.
- Edison: new "natural weighting" & improved "natural scale" for better spectral display, as well as new (slow) high quality mode that brings both time & frequency accuracy (especially in natural scale mode).
- PEQ2, Wave Candy & FL now use natural weighting for their spectral display.
- Added note helping lines in piano roll when notes are played.
- Improve envelope editor's envelope smoothing tool & decimation tool.
- New envelope filter tool in envelope editor.
- Wave Candy: improved scale feature, and added piano kb helper to spectral display.
- Fruity Reeverb 2: added option to process side.
- Improved mixer's input "automap" feature (doesn't map mono inputs, and doesn't route them to master to avoid feedback).
- Updated scripting engine used by Edison scripts (should allow VB scripts now).
- Wrapper: now reports the sound device's i/o latency to the plugin
- FPC: layer shows newly added item (i.e. scrolls to it)
- FL Keys: high notes are now always decayed on release, instead of released immediately
Implemented & removed:
- Right-clicking playlist items no longer deletes them (hold halt to do so). (thrown, user complaints)
- Can now middle-click working area to "pan" plugin windows (ONLY plugins, as it's designed for oversized VST's). (thrown, too many annoyances)
- Wave Candy: Auto visual mode state now properly restored, some other bugfixes.
- Slit pattern by channel now preserves pattern's beats per bar setting.
- Fixed some common window-related weirdness (windows covering others while they shouldn't, etc).
- Fixed troubles with snapping grid with specific PPQ settings.
- Fixed minor bug in envelope smoothing tool.
- Edison: fixed problem when reloading a state that had envelopes not mixed down.
- Fixed problem with FL's hint bar sometimes not refreshing when loading things.
- added control to set maximum release time for sampled notes
- implemented new downloader interface, modeless
- click on empty area in scrollbar(s) to go to that position
- Updated CT dll
- Reduced max polyphony to 256 to reduce cpu usage when idle
- cache results of product code registration check to speed it up a bit
- implemented ilreg system
- improved filter speed
- only filter when filter text is at least 3 characters
- Implemented delete, move up and move down for items in manager's list
- ToxicBio, Sawer and Morphine downloads can now also be downloaded from the selector (if the plugin is installed!)
- improved "last view" behaviour a little bit
- flush plugin if a sampled note didn't reach silence
- all zone parameters are now changed for all selected zones, when "current selection" switch is on
- mod reset now works for multiple selected zones
- fixed the way a soundfont property was counted on import
- Overwrite existing wave files when sampling a vst (but only .wav files)
- make sure the samplerate is sent to the plugin before processing a vst plugin
- DW no longer steals keyboard focus, except for edit controls
- Loading a DWB file now tries to load a sample from file if it's not in the DWB
- DWB files now save a reference to the file instead of the sample data when total recall is off
- fixed acm import - sample length wasn't adjusted after conversion (was sometimes less than predicted)
- Fixed mouse position inaccuracy for pitch bend and mod sliders (multi tab)
- put critical section for sample preview slightly earlier
- store location in global registry during installation, instead of just in local registry
- fixed some crashes when the downloader couldn't find the download dll
- selection window now has minimum size
- fixed bug that caused downloads to start again after being finished
- fixed download location calculation in manager
- Ampersand was shown as a shortcut underline in the options window (info section)
- Fixed a bug loading Arturia AnalogFactory settings
- midi port changes after a plugin was dragged didn't make the wrapper ask the host to enable midi input
- Added code to load shell plugins from different filename than when they were saved
- use different way to determine if a plugin is VST1 or not
- removed first check for value of FruityPlug in UpdateSize to make sure editor size is updated when loading the plugin fails
- don't get parameter labels and value for shell plugin (waveshell) to prevent crash
- fixed buffer (effect version) now doesn't zero output buffer and takes into account plugins without inputs
- fixed assumption that an effect would have inputs
- "onlysavefirstprogram" workaround for Blood Overdrive and Compressor is now used for all VST1 plugins
- The browser preview mixer track can't be set higher than 64.
- all my projects with zebra2 get noise on the zebra channel (like a full peak digital noise)
- Loading an older project with Fruity Delays in it, now the delays are out of sync.
- Every time when I open Riff (from tools or from Piano Roll) and turn off "show details" and then switch to "Levels" and turn "show details" back on.
- By the way the Parameter Automation record is a bug I tried all the non FLStudio VST I have and they do the same thing.
- janko keyboard input mode, the enter key also is translated, it's a bit disturbing.
- BeepMap crashes
- just a small issue in the "Scale levels" tool: the tooltip of the new center knob says "Tension".
- Load the New Stuff FLP file. Project starts to load. Gets to Fruity Multiband Compressor and crashes.
- garbage when last of the mixer/playlist icons was used
- very long hovering display in browser when a drive letter was added as an extra folder
- browser F5/F6 making it lose kb focus
- FSC score saving being broken (was actually saving them as MIDI files)
- display bug for piano roll note levels (I also made slide notes no more on top of normal notes)
- reeverb 2's early reflection bug
- bug in envelope smoothing tool in Sytrus
The Image-Line Team