Tip for using EWQLSC in FLStudio

Exchange FL Studio tips & tricks

Return to “Tips & Tricks”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
McAlex
Sat Nov 03, 2007 8:04 am

x

Tip for using EWQLSC in FLStudio

Hey all, this is my first post on the new forums, and it's been a while since my last post.

Recently I purchased East West Quantum Leap Symphonic Choirs, and found that it just wouldn't work in FLStudio because the Word Builder is only provided in VST-MA and MFX.

Looking around the East West forums, the general solution was to run word builder and symphonic choirs as stand alone applications and use Midi Yoke to route notes from FLStudio to wordbuilder, and from wordbuilder to Kompakt (SC).

This caused problems getting the audio back from Kompakt into FLStudio, and it was really a frustrating task to switch between 3 seperate windows to make changes, not to mention having to load 3 seperate programs just to open a project.

Anyway, long story short, I've done some looking around on the net and came across a plugin called mfxshell which works well as a wrapper for WordBuilder, and runs perfectly in FLStudio, cutting out the need for virtual MIDI cables and virtual audio cables.

I've written up a small guide on setting this up, as I searched for one and found none. I was seriously considering abandoning FLStudio because of it's lack of MFX / VST-MA support, but this solution has let me keep working in my favorite sequencer and I hope it helps some other people who may be looking for the same thing.

The guide is here if you need it:
http://www.soundportfolio.com/tutorials ... n-fls.html

Shar*Chi
Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:20 am

x

Hey, I dont use this pack (yet) but thanks for ...

McAlex
Sun Nov 04, 2007 12:28 pm

x

Thanks Shar*chi, I hope I've written it well en...

Prizefighter
Thu Nov 15, 2007 1:27 am

x

nice Job!!!

Thx for posting this man...i just got Symphonic...

Davidaase
Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:37 pm

x

Thanks man, that's great. I might consider buyi...

McAlex
Fri Nov 23, 2007 1:47 pm

x

Thanks for the kind words. The real thanks of ...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Moon_4
Sat Nov 24, 2007 2:03 pm

x

WOW. It's really works !!!! (FL7 RC6) Thx McAle...

McAlex
Sun Nov 25, 2007 11:17 am

x

I'm glad to hear it, Moon! For the people who ...

five.sorrows
Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:33 am

x

i noticed and was increasingly frustrated by th...

five.sorrows
Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:49 pm

x

ok. i tried the render mode notify and rendere...

DanielFlakes
Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:43 pm

x

Hey, does this solution for EastWest Symphonic ...

Return to “Tips & Tricks”