Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”

Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Jim Crane
Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:40 pm

x

Latency with using Audio In on Mixer

In my setup I have several KORG Volcas which I use for making music with FL Studio. These Volcas are hooked up with FL through MIDI and the MIDI Out native plugin so I can create more complex melodies and rhythms with the little machines. To get the audio back into FL, I have the Volcas going through a mixer which is connected to my Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 that functions as my soundcard for FL. In FL's mixer I use the Audio In to make the Volcas audible and process them if needed.

This method works mostly just fine, but there's one problem: the latency that occurs in the signal cause the Volcas to play later than all the other channels and plugins inside FL.
Because of that, I have to freeze the Volcas in audio so I do not have to deal with the latency. However, that can be really frustrating when you decide to make changes to the content of the audio so you'll have to redo the recordings.

Is there a way to change the delay compensation inside FL so that the project matches up with the amount of latency caused by the Audio In?
And if this is not possible, what could be an alternative to set FL up to match the latency of the incoming audio signal? Or perhaps to remove the latency altogether?

I am using the latest version of FL Studio 12 (12.5.1.165) and have installed the latest drivers of my Focusrite Scarlett 2i2. Hope you guys can help me :)

exmatproton
Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:41 am

x

Re: Latency with using Audio In on Mixer

Using an audio-in stream always adds latency wh...

Jim Crane
Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:51 pm

x

exmatproton wrote:Using an audio-in stream alwa...

exmatproton
Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:01 pm

x

Skyler* wrote:exmatproton wrote:Using an audio-...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Jim Crane
Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:08 pm

x

exmatproton wrote:Skyler* wrote:exmatproton wro...

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”