What is an example of a good playlist workflow in FL?

Discuss how to use FL Studio

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
thagreatbelow
Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:33 pm

x

What is an example of a good playlist workflow in FL?

Ok, so my 2 main DAW's are Studio One, and Pro Tools. I originally started on FL back on version 2, but I bailed for other DAW's right around version 8, but am now trying to get back into it because there are so many cool, unique, and interesting things about FL I just love too much. So my biggest issue right now, is efficiency in the playlist. For example, in Studio One, it's lightning fast switching between the different tools, you press the numbers 1-6 for your tools. You press 1 for the main pointer, 2 for the selector tool, 3 to slice, 6 for mute, etc.. Pro Tools has a similar workflow with the command/ctrl key. Command 1, command 5, command 7, all select different "Tools" for it to switch between which is very handy.
FL on the other hand, you press C for the cutting tool, P for the pencil tool, T for the mute tool, E for the selector (Or hold down CTRL while in pencil mode which is an awesome feature). It's just a lot more all over the place, and having to remember what arbitrary letter does what, and they're across the entire keyboard. 1-6 are all right next to each other, but P and C are across the keyboard. Is it possible to make custom key commands (I think this would be an awesome feature!), or are there more modifier keys that I don't know about much like holding CTRL to access the selector tool? I'm just trying to speed up my workflow.

Thanks for any help!

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”