See notes from different patterns in the Piano Roll?

Discuss how to use FL Studio

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”

Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
plnelson
Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:05 pm

x

See notes from different patterns in the Piano Roll?

As my music projects have gotten bigger and more elaborate I'm trying to keep them organised by putting different parts in different Patterns and integrating them in the Playlist. I typically have about 10-20 Patterns and maybe 20-40 instruments or recorded sounds in a finished work. Usually I'll have several Patterns just for percussion instruments, and then other Patterns for bass, keyboard, continuo instruments, vocals, etc.

One problem I'm having is that I would like to see instruments from different Patterns at the same time when I'm doing intricate tweaks in my composition. I might want to have bass notes come in at an an exact moment with respect to a lead instrument, or some zero-length percussion notes line up exactly with specific notes on a keyboard, even though they're in different Patterns, so it's helpful to see them at the same time.
Is there any way to do this in FL Studio, or is there a different organizational scheme that gets around this better? How do most people composing large, complex pieces do this in FL Studio?
Thanks in advance.

teetow
Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:00 am

x

Re: See notes from different patterns in the Piano Roll?

plnelson wrote: ↑Thu Jul 29, 2021 3:41 am But e...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

teetow
Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:05 pm

x

plnelson wrote: ↑Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:10 pm What ...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by teetow on Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nogyoff
Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:17 pm

x

plnelson wrote: ↑Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:00 pm Nogyo...

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”