Mysterious rests in Score - MIDI Problem?

Discuss how to use FL Studio

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”

Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
plnelson
Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:29 am

x

Mysterious rests in Score - MIDI Problem?

Yet another score-export problem today from the Piano Roll. I tried to export the score from a piano composition using the Piano Roll's own export feature . . .
PRExport.jpg

N.B. that the Direct Wave Grand Piano is the only instrument - there are no other channels. Snap is set to "Step". The notes were entered by clicking on them in the Piano Roll; no quantization was involved.
Regarding the first two measures, there is one legitimate rest, at the end of the second measure. But in the Piano Roll's own score export . . .

PRRollRests.jpg

...There's also a bunch of mysterious rests of different lengths above the top of the ledger lines. What ARE these? How do I get rid of them?

So I did a MIDI export from the Piano Roll and imported the result into the normally-reliable MuseScore and it ALSO had a bunch of mysterious rests, although not all the same ones . . .

MuseScoreBadRests.jpg

That means that whatever is causing these rests is being output in the MIDI file. Where is this stuff coming from?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT

I did some experiments in a new test file and found that these spurious rests are created when I have overlapping notes. I made a test case and then superimposed the generated score over the Piano Roll. And where the half-note B and quarter-note C overlap it made a spurious rest. How do I fix this?

OverLap1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by plnelson on Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

-J64-
Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:28 am

x

Re: Mysterious rests in Score - MIDI Problem?

Those seemingly extraneous rests are caused by ...

plnelson
Mon Aug 02, 2021 4:44 am

x

-J64- wrote: ↑Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:28 am You don...

werz
Mon Aug 02, 2021 5:05 am

x

Correct me if I'm wrong (more often than not), ...

-J64-
Mon Aug 02, 2021 5:32 am

x

plnelson wrote:dotted half notes (that's a meas...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”