- Stock generators, effects and samples only (anything included in the installer)
- A maximum of ONE instance per generator
- Samplers are exempt from the instance rule
- Generators that don't generate audio (e.g. Envelope Controller, Patcher) are also exempt
- Custom samples are allowed, provided that they're recordings of an actual kitchen sink
So this is all about flexing your versatility. If you have a go-to favorite instrument, now's your time to break new ground. Any plugin used within a Patcher will obviously count against the instance limit (because duh), but Patcher itself is exempt due to it not being an audio generator in the traditional sense.
So, let's talk about the samples and Samplers. The spirit of the rule is: You can use stock samples, and so we let you use as many Samplers as you want. Any Generator that handles samples (FPC, Slicex, Harmor) can load stock samples, as long as you adhere to the one-instance-per-generator limit. Edison as a generator is tentatively allowed, but the second you drag the sample to a different generator (or on the Playlist as an audio clip) you've created a non-stock sample and shall be in contempt of this court. Same deal with editing stock samples.
The "unlimited kitchen sink samples" rule can be frivolously exploited as long as it can be reasonably determined that you sampled an actual kitchen sink; slams, scrapes, water splashes. Go ham. The use of utensils (cups, pots, cutlery) is frowned upon if exploited, but cautiously allowed. If you claim to have a tea mug that just happens to make a PERFECT 808 kick, you will be ridiculed.
Entries: Sunday September 26, 23:59 UTC (updated)
Voting: Thursday September 30, 23:59 UTC
Voting thread: viewtopic.php?f=300&t=264751
How to enter
- Be clever
- Make song
- No breaky rules
- Upload mp3 / wav to Soundcloud (makes it easier for organizers) or the forums (fallback)
- Make reply in this thread
- Attach .flp
The winner will be decided by the traditional 5-vote system. In case of a tie, contestants will post pictures of their actual kitchen sinks, and be judged by their peers.
Edit: Extended deadline
Edit2: Added voting thread link