Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”

Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
spasticmouse
Fri Dec 03, 2021 1:58 am

x

Pitch shifting a sample

I'm wondering if there is an easier way to do pitch shifting of samples, as my current method is a little tedious. I'll just go over how I'm doing it now:

So let's say I have a pad sample playing some notes, and I want to re-pitch some of those notes. What I'd do is first go into the sample's channel settings and change the pitch range to 12, and then create an automation curve of the pitch. I'd then edit this curve to change the pitches how I want, which involves setting points on the automation curve to values derived from dividing 100 (total%) by 24 (number of pitches multiplied by 2, since we want 12 going up and 12 going down), resulting in about 4.1667% per pitch. I'd then add/subtract 4.1667% per semitone I want the sample to shift at that particular point. This might be sounding a little complicated and is probably pretty poorly explained, but I hope it makes sense.

This works for the most part but I keep having to refer back to a table of values I've manually calculated, since the values here are completely remote. So I'm wondering if there is a more efficient method than this for pitch shifting samples (instrumentals, vocals, anything).

Audiobusters
Fri Dec 03, 2021 4:16 am

x

Re: Pitch shifting a sample

spasticmouse wrote: ↑Fri Dec 03, 2021 1:58 am [...

spasticmouse
Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:12 pm

x

Audiobusters wrote: ↑Fri Dec 03, 2021 4:16 am s...

Shinyless
Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:37 pm

x

You can also use newtone, or the new pitchshift...

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”