Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
wertstahl
Mon May 16, 2022 11:27 pm

x

drag and replace samples into playlist window - no undo? [SOLVED]

hej,

lately, i am having very very large projects, like 20 tracks of voice actors plus really hundreds of sfx sounds, in a project that spans over 30 minutes of playing time - it is audio drama, like a movie without pictures.

i use a search tool to browse a huge sample library and from the search window i drag and drop samples onto FL 20.

sometimes, when i am really getting into the zone and work very fast, while dragging a sample into the project - i accidentally drag it over an existing sample in the playlist window and *poof* all the instances of the sample i hit (could be a massive number of tiny bits of one large track that was hit) are replaced with the sample i just dragged in.

1. is there an option where i could turn on a requester saying "do you want to replace this sample"?
2. could i turn the function OFF that allows me to drag-replace samples?
3. why is there no undo for this action - and if there is no undo for it, since it is a "vital" thing to replace samples, why is there no requester by default that i could like have a checkbox in "don't show this again in the future" - wouldn't that be much safer?

i just last year started the transition from FL12 to 20, after like 15 years of work experience with FL in general - please bear with me if i missed an option that answers my question.

Yes, i know that there is the possibility to right click on the folder icon in the sampler window and look at the "sample history" - but if you have a list of 50-100 or even 300 names from a library like "SLk41_BassArpegg_100_C.wav", and the last used sample of this container is not highlighted, that list is not really useful. Also it is so hidden i had to search the internets only to read about it on Reddit.

Any help is greatly appreciated. [ Imagine your plalist window is stacked with hundreds and hundreds of sample clips, and there really is no 100% safe spot to drag to. What do? ]
Last edited by wertstahl on Wed May 18, 2022 11:05 am, edited 2 times in total.

Hevy (IL)
Technical Support
Tue May 17, 2022 11:11 am

x

Re: drag and replace samples into playlist window - no undo?

Hi there. Could you provide me the exact FL St...

wertstahl
Tue May 17, 2022 2:50 pm

x

i am using v20.8.3 [build 2304] [ edit/note: ...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by wertstahl on Wed May 18, 2022 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Alphagem-O
Tue May 17, 2022 3:06 pm

x

For now, you can still undo from the 'Current p...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hevy (IL)
Technical Support
Tue May 17, 2022 10:21 pm

x

@Wertstahl. I unticked the 'Disable BBCode' ch...

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”