Any tips for optimizing cpu usage when making complex Patcher presets?

Discuss how to use FL Studio

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”

Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Swiftdreamer
Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:48 am

x

Any tips for optimizing cpu usage when making complex Patcher presets?

I'm hopped into the Patcher rabbit hole, and it sparked a few ideas I have for a few multi-FX plugins.

I've made a few mixer-esque FX chains in Patcher before, but they tend to eat up a noticeable amount of cpu, and see it being a potential problem when I go to make a multi-FX Rack; If I want to use native plugins only, are there any pointers to keep in mind to help minimize the cpu?

I did take a look at the manual before making this post, and saw there was a link to learn more about multithreading, a link which was actually broken (I reported it on the support page outside of the forum), but I am not sure how to use the knowledge of multithreading to help minimize cpu usage when creating patches; Ive seen something about the columns in Patcher representing what gets processed at the same time when you have plugins auto arrange the plugins, but then the part where other columns get processed sequentially is a little unclear to me: so are the organized columns represent the amount of plugins being used at once, then each column is being processed left to right? In terms of data structures, does it work like a queue? Once all of the tasks in one column is done, it works on the next column?

Trancit
Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:31 am

x

Re: Any tips for optimizing cpu usage when making complex Patcher presets?

The topic is basically very easy: Multithreadi...
Last edited by Trancit on Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”