Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”

Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Red_5
Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:28 am

x

WINE project for Fl studio

If anyone is interested I am willing to foot the bill to create a website centered on proving information and pooling information related to getting FL studio running on Linux, WINE and doing so in a manner that is of no obvious difference to Windows.

It would be handy to have something were people can go and find information on what to do, where to go and pool any information.
What I hope I can do is ultimately provide the community the information necessary for getting FL studio "As is" running on Linux with a minimum of fuss.
Ideally in the long term it would be great to eventually end up at a place where a "package script" can be made and all the required dependencies for getting VST, ASIO and DXi working on Linux, Linux WINE with any VSTi tool.

This may include an AS IS (so not to cross the line of copyright) downloaded pre assemble packaged demo version of FL (The one you get from Tucows) that can be installed with a series of API's and assorted packages needed for running FL on Linux without the need for hunting information and gathering the various packages required, Getting Linux and FL together has been fun to do for me but I would like something that is easier to maintain and configure without hunting down websites for this and that. Like running Linux itself I hope to create a fast and simple install of "everything a basic install requires" and take it from there.

There are some users here that could or would use Linux if they have the information and tools needed. I personally prefer using Linux as it provides a superior workspace when using multiple applications and it "feels" like good karma.

If anyone is interested in such a website or would like to contribute ideas, concepts and even code for ironing out the details and dependencies for getting FL running as smooth as possible with full ASIO and VSTi integration then please PM me or post away...

brokensequencer
Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:50 am

x

I could do this for you as long as the site has...

SingingCrane
Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:49 am

x

Heck, I'll provide a dedicated page tied into T...

psi
Sat Mar 08, 2008 4:13 am

x

yes plz! the only reson i use windowns is for...

Bennett
Sat Mar 08, 2008 4:49 am

x

I'm no Linux expert, but I use it daily and def...

GermanFafian
Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:45 am

x

I'm in Linux and use Wins only for music, so it...

Hoffmeister
Sat Mar 08, 2008 3:50 pm

x

I'm fairly new to Linux but would be interested...

GermanFafian
Sat Mar 08, 2008 4:08 pm

x

FL 8 RC2 does not register properly under wine,...

Red_5
Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:49 am

x

I haven't tried the beta yet, might get a chanc...

faeirywoman
Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:47 pm

x

Ubuntu hardy

I spent a long time sorting out problems betwee...

Xaos
Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:52 pm

x

Yes I would be interested too. I am in Ubuntu....

Navij11
Mon Mar 24, 2008 3:12 pm

x

My friend got it working, I'll direct him here....

faeirywoman
Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:27 pm

x

ubuntu (and windows just for FL)

I had windows for a LONG TIME just for FL until...

chris
Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:13 am

x

Re: ubuntu (and windows just for FL)

faeirywoman wrote:I had windows for a LONG TIME...

didkat
Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:52 pm

x

Re: ubuntu (and windows just for FL)

I am running FL Studio on Ubuntu as well and wi...

Red_5
Sat Apr 12, 2008 8:52 am

x

Everyone is having the same problem..I wouldn't...

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”