Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
PocketNinja_
Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:02 am

x

No stereo output from pc with Alesis MultiMix8 Firewire

Hi folks,

Not related to FL at all but I'm not sure where else to ask about any issues with my MultiMix8. I've chased Alesis to no avail... I'm hoping someone may have had the same or similar issues with any of the MultiMix family and worked it out. Or can perhaps point me to a better place to ask. :)

The problem in a few words: Any output from the PC (FL, Winamp, Windows Media Player, warSow, etc) doesn't appear to have any stereo seperation; panning full left/right in FL/Winamp/etc only seems to make the output a bit quieter.

I've tried using the "Phones", the "Main Mix", and the "Control Room" outputs but all experience the same problem.

When sending the mix of the Alesis (ie, a guitar or mic) straight to phones/main/control room the stereo panning on the individual line in channels does work, so I'm confident that my headphones, cables, MultiMix are physically OK...

When setting anything to full left or right in software on the computer, I suspect the signal is actually panning, just not enough to notice or make any real difference in the audible output. Aside from being a touch quieter in the output, it is notable that the left+right LEDs on the MultiMix will show a very slight bias to the side that the panning has been set to. IE, if panning full left on the Master channel of FL, the LEDs for left on the MultiMix appear show that the left signal is just a fraction stronger than the right. It's hardly noticable though, as both left and right seem to be very close in all cases.

Has anyone come across this before?

Cheers,
Dan

:)

Kory0909_2
Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:03 pm

x

alesis

i am using the same alesis firewire unit. i get...

PocketNinja_
Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:47 am

x

Sorry for the delay, been busy with work. I d...

PocketNinja_
Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:29 am

x

Dug through quite a lot since my last post on t...

PocketNinja_
Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:54 pm

x

For those that have an Alesis unit with the sam...

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”