Download FL Studio 12.0.2 here
(released 10 May 2015)
Notable new features
- Updated Editions with more value – FL Studio Fruity edition gains Automation Clips. Producer edition gains Sytrus & Maximus. Signature Bundle gains Harmless, Newtone, Gross Beat and Pitcher. Existing owners also get these great additions. See the complete feature comparison here.
- Vectorial UI – FL Studio is now 100% vectorial allowing it to be used on 4, 5 or even 8K monitors with pin-sharp fidelity.
- Mixer – Completely redesigned mixer, dynamically resizable with 6 layout styles plus 3-user configurable docking panels (left, centre and right) for track management. Multi-fader selection and adjustment. Improved mixer track grouping. Multi-touch support. 10 FX slots per track. Many new multi-track routing automated options. Enhanced grouping and submix functions. The dedicated ‘Send’ channels have been replaced with general purpose send tracks and added to the overall track-pool.
- Updated plugins – 3xOSC, Edison, Formula Controller, Peak Controller, Keyboard Controller gain vectorial UIs. Envelope Controller (8 articulators, Mod X/Y envelopes & vectorial UI), Send (can now send to any mixer track & vectorial UI), Hardcore (new tube distortion effect & convolution based cabinet simulation), Patcher (Plugins open outside patcher. Auto patcherizing of existing plugins & multi-touch support). Fruity Convolver new impulse library by Soundiron. Finally, the Channel Settings are now integrated into the Wrapper. ZGameEditor Visualizer – Loads all popular video formats and gains 4K+ rendering.
- Piano roll – Time markers added for labelling and looping purposes. Auto-zoom can now be switched off in the General Settings. Stamp tool replaces chord tool and allows users to click in chords from a selector. Macro to find overlapping notes. Editable ghost notes from Piano roll menu > Editable ghosts (Ctrl+Alt+V) allows direct interaction with Ghost Notes as per normal notes.
- Playlist – Drop multiple stems or Audio Clips on the Playlist from any Windows file browser.
- Browser – Improved layout with user configurable category tabs (name and icon). The default categories include Files, Plugins and Current Project providing key content at a glance. Improved file management with Right-click delete options for most content.
- Multi-touch support – Multi-touch has been extended to Mixer functions, Channel settings and Control Surface. Swap between Windows Multi-touch and FL Studio Multi-touch modes.
- Improved 32 & 64 Bit VST plugin support – The wrapper has been redesigned to improve stability and compatibility. The FL Studio Plugin scan tool now allows unlimited VST search locations and quick favoriting.
...and many more. See the 'WhatsNew.rtf' document in the FL Studio 12 installation folder.
- Wrapper: new option to determine what bit size to load for a plugin
- FL Studio ASIO: added "clip" option
- Fixed crash in about window
- Fixed generic links behaviour for effect plugins
- Fixed loading 64bit plugins in FL 64bit
- Fixed jpg support in FL 64bit
- Fixed MRU color system in rename window
- Fixed Fruity Slicer preset in plugin database
- Fixed key value on export of score pdf
- Fixed event recording bug
- Fixed "item menu button" bug in 64bit
- Plugin Scanner: various bugfixes
- Control Surface: button saves/loads wrong state
- Convolver, Slicex: fixed popup menu bug
- Dashboard: fixed crash when exporting as text
- DirectWave: fixed import of 3rd party sound banks
- Download Manager: doesn't remove "downloaded" (link) folders anymore
- Edison, Slicex, Convolver: fixed noise profile doesn't work right in 64bit
- Harmor: fixed GUI glitch
- Newtone: fixed sample properties window
- Parametric EQ2: bugfix
- Patcher: fixed bug loading newtone
- Patcher: fixed missing preset arrows
- Scratcher: fixed crash on right click
- Sytrus: fixed X/Y control over other controls
- Sytrus: fixed black rectangle bug
- Wrapper: fixed problem loading wrapper options
- Wrapper: fixed crash loading MrRay73 plugin in FL 64bit
- Wrapper: fixed reset of parameters of interfaceless plugins
- Wrapper: fixed behaviour of parameters for Fruity Compressor (FL 64bit)