Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
HeathW
Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:19 am

x

Re: FL STUDIO 12.x/13: Your ideas, wishlist, suggestions, et

Kaitav wrote:
Hi HeathW,

Thanks for taking your time to explain it, but yes, I do already know it.

I am not sure if you have faced the need more separate mute and solo buttons, but I certainly have and will try to explain why I (and probably others) feel the need for it and its significance in the workflow. Separate mute and solo buttons are required because if you want to Mute or Solo just one track WHILE keeping other Muted channels intact the current setup does not help. For example, if you have Muted channels 9 and 10 on the mixer. Now let's say you want to solo track 8. If you right click it, it will get Soloed, BUT at the same time all other channels will get Muted AND when you again right click track 8 to unsolo it, the channels previously Muted will be turned ON. During Mixing this can be very frustrating. I hope my explanation is understandable. And this is I think the very reason why all other DAWs have separate buttons for Mute and Solo.

FL has implemented Mute and Solo currently to reduce code complexity and to probably make it easier for the user, but when it comes to the actual use case it isn't really useful. So separate Mute and Solo buttons are really needed and it is something I would really appreciate if implemented soon. It will be so powerful during Mixing. The extra space and coding required for it would be totally worth it in my opinion. It will certainly add more value.
I think I understand what your talking about.. something more along the lines of a track set memory of the last state of muted or not for each track when returning from a solo..
I work with it a little differently than that, and don't have much problem there. If I only want a few tracks playing out of a bunch of them.. I just solo the first one then unmute the ones I want to hear with it..
then do what I need to do there, and then do a solo and un-solo double right click on one of them to turn them all back on.. I find there VERY convenient and an advantage over some other daws.
I find the way it is configured now to be much faster to work with than to need to have to switch each one individually all the time. but everyone has their own workflow.

Thanks for explaining your need for it, I was trying to understand your urgency for the request and wanted to make sure that you knew what was available in case you didn't know.. :)

shroomhead_one
Content Creator
Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:59 pm

x

Audio- rate automation, maybe? for example FL ...

AeraDynamic
Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:02 am

x

I would like to see a downscaling option. Due t...
Last edited by AeraDynamic on Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mister Nosu
Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:58 am

x

Dion wrote:Looks like the "Hold" point type mig...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mister Nosu
Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:29 am

x

I'd like markers in the playlist to be affected...
Last edited by Mister Nosu on Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Scott
Site Admin
Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:45 am

x

HeathW wrote:More synth presets, geared for div...

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”