[Generator] Multiple effects result in louder audio

for all your functional and musical questions

Return to “FL Studio (Looptalk, FL Studio users forum)”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Skez
Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:32 pm

0 x

[Generator] Multiple effects result in louder audio

I used to dab around a bit in Cinestar SynthEdit one or two years ago and actually managed to make a very simple synth with 2 oscillators and some built-in effects. It resulted in very smooth sounds for some reason so I actually use it from time to time.
Anyhow, a few weeks ago it came to my knowledge that a FL Studio version of FlowStone was included in my FL version so of course I immediately installed it and started playing around, quite similar to SynthEdit but way more modern.

So now I have built a synth with 4 oscillators (I'm just playing around, learning stuff) and some built-in effects. First I built the synth like I thought it would be (it worked though) but then I looked at some example synths and decided to re-route my synth so it would be routed like the example synths. Because those are probably "the right way" to do it.

But to the problem, I would like to have a few built-in effects, for example: delay, ping-pong delay, reverb and chorus/flanger. But the more effects I have the louder the final audio becomes. One effect = normal volume, two effects = double volume, three effects = triple the volume and so on, you get the point.

I don't really know how to fix it so I can have all the effects I want without getting a distortion effect from the multiple signals. After the effects I have a Stereo Clip module which states "Hard clips a signal so that it stays within the range -1 to 1" which in my world means it won't go over that 1, but it doesn't seem to work.

Currently it's built like this, MIDI In > MIDI to Poly > Detuner > Oscillator > Amp > ADSR for the oscillator volume > Main Filter (State Variable Filter module) (This one is routed to a ADSR also) then the Filter module > Combiner > Stereo Amp > Effects > Stereo Clip > DS Out module (Direct Sound Output)

Any ideas on how to handle this? Appreciate all the help I can get. :)

Sorry for grammatical errors and such, I wrote this in a hurry. Just ask if there's something I forgot to mention.

Skez
Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:22 am

0 x

Re: [Generator] Multiple effects result in louder audio

nucleon wrote:Route the signal to the effects a...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Skez
Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:05 am

0 x

Re: [Generator] Multiple effects result in louder audio

m4rt3z wrote:You have your effects in parallel ...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “FL Studio (Looptalk, FL Studio users forum)”