Just tried FL Studio 12.2 on linux (with wine)...

Discuss how to use FL Studio

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”

Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
6300byte
Fri Jan 01, 2016 9:16 pm

x

Just tried FL Studio 12.2 on linux (with wine)...

I'm using an old lenovo thinkpad with ubuntu 14.04 on it. Just for fun I decided to test if I could get FL studio to run.
  • I updated the repository source for wine, to get access to the latest version of wine. After, "wine --version" in the terminal outputs wine 1.9
  • I downloaded the setup file for FL 12.2, ran it.. The installer finished without any issues, to my big surprise!
  • I right clicked the installed .exe file "open with wine launcher"Maybe I won't have to upgrade to windows 10 as I feared.. Maybe I can even skip getting a new laptop.
  • And holy crap, FL opens! But the text is not showing in the menus.
  • I install winetricks, then do "winetricks corefonts" in the terminal to install the microsoft fonts.
  • I open FL studio again with wine. The text is displayed now! I increase buffer settings and decrease the visual effects.
  • Open one of the legacy demo projects. It sounds fine! I hear some buffer over/underruns, but this is an old computer after all.
  • I try exporting an mp3. and.. it works!
This is awesome. I had never envisioned it being THIS easy to get it running. I like using windows, but having the possibility to use FL on linux as well is a great benefit. Especially for those with older computers laying around. Like me. I'm sure I'll encounter problems as I do more testing, but it looks very very promising so far.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

aledlj
Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:47 am

x

Re: Just tried FL Studio 12.2 on linux (with wine)...

I've been using FL Studio with elementary OS si...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Xaos
Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:33 am

x

Ubuntu + FLStudio 20.0.3 I work for one of tho...
Last edited by Xaos on Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:30 am, edited 3 times in total.

aledlj
Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:01 pm

x

Update! So as I said earlier, I've been using ...

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”