FLXXL 7 and 8 newbie question about use and price

Discuss how to use FL Studio

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Bigbadwolf
Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:07 am

x

FLXXL 7 and 8 newbie question about use and price

Sorry I am new to DAWs. I own ACID Pro6, Ableton Live 7( also Sonar LE(came with my PCR-800), and several other including CM free programs), and am looking to get either FL NI Komplete or Sonar(newest version). Two questions...The first I am looking more for the ability to use my midi-keyboard as a replacement for guitars, and basses, and drum kits etc. As opposed to Acid looping. So I need a program that has very authentic sounds(clean if possible, with effects chains I can add). I started playing with the FL 8 demo. I love the easy learning curve. I don't have time to go back to college to learn Live 7. Is FL more loop or VST(is that right?sample sounds that can be played on a midi device like a Edirol PCR-800) oriented.
My second question is what I really want to know...Why is FL 7 more expensive then FL8 for the same level..ie XXL producer(or whatever its called). The most expensive older(is it?) model is sometime one hundred dollars more in FL 7($349{Guitar Cent.,sweetwtr,zz etc}-$499 online) then in FL8($299{Guitar Cent.,musicfrnd.}-$399). Thanks

Buckskin
Site Admin
Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:37 am

x

Re: FLXXL 7 and 8 newbie question about use and price

Bigbadwolf wrote:Sorry I am new to DAWs. I own ...
We are the music makers,
We are the dreamers of dreams.

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”