Help with Midi channel # / group color

Discuss how to use FL Studio

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
tork
Sat Apr 19, 2008 6:39 pm

x

Help with Midi channel # / group color

Hello. I have downloaded a MIDI song, a song from a classic game. This MIDI track has Marimbas, Pizzicatos, the works. I open up my favorite Pizzicato sound in a channelin FL Studio, then open Piano Roll, File Menu Insert MIDI. I choose the MIDI song, and select the "Bass Pizzicato" midi channel, and import it. It imports as MIDI Channel 4 (a turqouise color). I can't hear anything it plays. Even the keys are moving on my Pizzicato instrument, but nothing. I try importing the first MIDI channel from the MIDI file which is a Marimba. I import it into a Marimba sound I like (from Colossus :) ) and it plays this fine! Due to the fact that it imported on MIDI Channel 1 (Bright Green).

I've noticed I can change individual notes from Channel 4 (for example), by double clicking each and every note and then selecting the Green Color MIDI Channel 1, but this could take an hour to do it for every track on this MIDI song.

so why is it that I cannot hear anything except from MIDI Channel 1, and is there an easier way to change imported MIDI channels to all be channel 1?

Thanks!

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”