Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
gooodnightmoon
Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:04 am

x

send channel can't do this.. =/

hello all

i have my drum kit spread across several insert tracks because i have slightly different effects applying to the different drums/cymbals, namely compression and low/high-pass filters. (this isn't uncommon, right? it's supposed to help keep the frequencies from becoming muddied up.)

anyway, although my drum kit is spread out, i want to be able to group it together into one track so that i could apply effects to it as a whole. in this case, i'm trying to add some glitch stuff into it, and i need the whole kit to come through one channel. i had previously thought that the send track was supposed to do this--group several insert tracks together. apparently, it doesn't completely. i can't get a send channel effect to be 100% wet, 0% dry. if i turn down the insert tracks, then they stop feeding the send track. so it seems the send track is supposed to be used with effects that you mix in (i.e. reverb, delay), not one that's supposed to be completely wet.

SO, my question is, how do i do what i want to do? am i missing something, here? i want to have individual effects on each drum element, then route those tracks into one single track onto which i'd apply an effect. (the problem with the send track is that the audio is going through both the send track and their own tracks)

there must be a way.

cheers =)

gear==talent
Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:04 am

x

That one's easy. Pick an empty insert track ...

ricdude
Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:57 pm

x

Don't forget to un-route your drum inserts from...

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”