Latency - Please Help!

Discuss how to use FL Studio

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
kevinm
Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:18 pm

x

Latency - Please Help!

Relating to another thread I started (but sufficiently separate to start a new one, I think), I'm still a little confused about latency, despite reading https://www.image-line.com/support/flst ... derrun.htm and other online resources.

By latency, I mean the delay between pressing a key and hearing the resulting sound (I understand latency can mean different things in different contexts).

When I set my ASIO driver all the way up to 2048smp/48ms, there is a hugely noticeable delay between pressing keys and hearing the sound, making many instruments virtually unplayable, yet I'm told there's a delay of ~80ms between hitting the key on a real piano and hearing the resulting sound.

That just doesn't add up - I've played enough real pianos to know that something is wrong here - either the 80ms figure is wrong, or what I see in my ASIO settings isn't a 'real-life' value (or there's more to it than that...happy to be educated!).

Scott, Nucleon and co...is the 80ms quoted in your help pages accurate? If so, how can the apparent disparity between that, and the values I see in my ASIO client, be explained?

kitekrazy
Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:38 pm

x

Re: Latency - Please Help!

ASIO driver on what? If you use onboard sound ...

osflaa
Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:04 pm

x

80ms is a lot and way too much to achieve a goo...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

kevinm
Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:07 pm

x

Kitecrazy - my audio interface is a Behringer U...

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”