Thanks Image Line for this awesome beta. I was really worried about when I could mess with some new features/plugins...
Full of awesomeness:
- Brighter mixer's inserts... muuuch better!! white text is good
- PEQ2 Vectorial?! Pure porn
- Transistor Bass! Great sound!
- Custom Mapping formulas...yummy!!!
- Fixed bugs... great work!!
Anyhow there are quite many things that left me a little puzzled + some new buggy behaviours...
-When minimized, it leaves the 'next preset' arrow still visible
- The Band type selector icons are a little bit cut out (see the bandpass) and too thin (notice the unfilled squares)
-Volume adjustment knob of Transistor Bass (miscellaneous functions) from 50% to 100%, it doesn't rise the volume as expected.
-I'd say that the sound is really fat, but is missing some brightness, just compare it with a saw in Sytrus or Harmor, but maybe it's more close to the hardware version...
I've never used FPC so much because I was waiting for a new version of it, after this GUI update I decided to give it a try and I noticed some things:
-Nice, but too much grey, it looks like a really sad plugin.
- There's no way to change the waveform's fancy view, personally I never liked it, it doesn't seem professional at all.
-The light blue numbered button that should highlight the selected layer is too light and difficult to see. There's nothing graphical that tells you which layer is selected besides this light blue button...
- Please, add more colours and contrast to all the elements, especially the pads. Those don't look so much like pads, more like little squary foggy ghosts. + The font colour inside is really difficult to read (same as the background)
- I expected to be able to zoom also the waveform, there's too much free space. Also the envelope doesn't enlarge as expected.
Please, I don't want to offend, I just cannot find different words to express my impressions...
Plus some more general things that I didn't noticed before:
- The Flat kb style has the text alligned to the right border while the List style is aligned to the left
- The Flat kb style is difficult to read when using all notes key labels. Even more difficult because of the black and white stroboscopic look. In FL11 it was much easier to read.
- The List style has too many different shades of grey. It is a little easier to read when not using key labels, but definitely difficult when using them.
Those problems become obvious the moment you switch channel in the piano roll and the keyboard style doesn't change accordingly, forcing you to change back every time from Flat/List without key labels, to Classic/Modern with key labels...
I would suggest to make the FPC (and so also Slicex/Slicer etc) keyboard style the same as in FL 11, with no custom options, no shades, no alternate colours, because those two new styles aren't as simple/good as the original.
- A little question: what does it mean vectorial if you cannot resize it? At least the Edison section...
- I've noticed that there are missing values in the hint bar for articulator volume, panning, frequency, amp amount, pitch, sample start, etc...
-Difficult to distinguish the active deck. A and B are ambiguous. In the previous version it was clear as night and day
- Please, more contrast for the text, all this grey font is really annoying to the eye, especially if the background is grey too...
- One of the best GUI updates so far (even if still not resizable), just the big wet knob and the hold attack release knobs are a little foggy and not so bright
-Really nice, but now I would say that those two grey borders are quite useless since don't add any extra metallic look to it.
- I'd say that vectorial graphics should enlarge with the same proportions, and not leave some elements at their original size. The same definition of vectorial talks specifically about same proportions for every element. Remember how Sytrus rised some negative reactions about all that free space. I was happy about it's new GUI, until I started using it heavily, and I decided to go back to the old one. Not talking only about the free space, but also about the various buttons, sections, not properly divided. Too few contrast make all buttons difficult to distinguish
- Please, more contrast! Too much grey, especially when talking about the text colour but many times there are also missing a lot of nice black frames/lines that help to divide sections a bring in front the useful elements.
Btw, big thanks for all your hard work!
Discuss how to use FL Studio
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]