Welcome to the 3 note monkey challenge. Some nursery rhymes only use 3 notes, thus you're challenged to compose a piece using only use 3 notes. Obviously this means the same 3 notes in every octave. However, to make this a little more interesting, you are allowed to create/use chord and interval-based synth patches (that likely fall outside the range), as long as you trigger them with your chosen 3 notes. I will allow pitch bends and slides, as long as you're sliding/bending to and from your trio of pitches.
- Pitch bends or slides to and from your chosen notes allowed e.g. manual portamento. You CANNOT bend or slide to a constant pitch that isn't one of your 3 notes.
- Patches with vibrato and pitch envelopes/movement are allowed
- Chord/interval patches allowed, but must be triggered with your 3 notes
- Atonal/inharmonic percussion isn't restricted to 3 notes, only tuned instrumentation
- You can use any FL feature & any content or plugin included in FL's installer, inc. separately purchased native FL plugins.
- Be careful using arpeggiators!
- Legal resampling is allowed. Don't ask here about legalities. If in doubt, don't do it
You have 3 weeks to submit an entry. The contest will run from Sunday 20 November to Sunday 11 December 2016 inclusive. To enter, upload both the mp3 and FLP (or zipped loop package inc. FLP) to this thread. Multiple entries are allowed. Withstanding enough submissions, you'll be able to vote for 3 entries (subject to change).
Fire away with any questions. Otherwise, choose your 3 notes carefully, and have fun!
CONTEST CLOSED! -