YOU MUST UPDATE YOUR REGISTRATION TO USE FL STUDIO 12.5 and it expires on the 19th of July.
AS SECURITY CERTIFICATES HAVE BEEN UPDATED YOU MAY SEE AN ADDITIONAL SECURITY WARNING. You can safely ignore this and run the app.
Beta 3 Changes
- New: Fruity Delay 3 plugin
- Updated: Fruity Balance is now a native FL plugin instead of a VST
- Disabled all formats other than .wav for quick pattern render
- New macros: "Lock all playlist tracks to content" and "Unlock all playlist tracks from content"
- New option to copy color from one color button to another for name dialogs that create color gradients
- Render window has new options to enable or disable effects while rendering
- Split children option on layer channels can now be reset easily
- The mixer's default view is now "Wide"
- Control Creator: drag control preset to Control Surface
- Control Surface: checkbox and panel controls
- Control Surface: horizontal mode for sliders
- Control Surface: option to set minimum and maximum values for controls
- Control Surface: option to set font height
- Edison: markers are now added at the play position
- Harmor: small changes to the plugin UI
WHAT'S NEW IN FL STUDIO 12.5
- Picker Panel (Alt+P) - A Pattern, Audio and Automation Clip manager / browser that lists all Pattern, Audio and Automation Clips in the project. Useful features include: Select unused Clips. Select Clips in Playlist. Rename/Color multiple clips. Render Pattern Clips to Audio Clips (Right-Click Clips > Render as audio clip, hold (Alt) to bypass Mixer Insert FX.
- Virtual MIDI Controllers - Resizable, customizable vectorial Keyboard and Drumpads. Play the selected Channel, just like an external MIDI controller.
- Automation Clips - New (Right-click) control points 'Type in value...' feature.
- FPC - Resizable vectorial UI. Pads can now have custom colors and icons. New layout options (single/double pads). Per-pad automatable pitch.
- Fruity Delay 3 - 'Analog' style delay plugin with BPM varying tempo-synced delay. It includes filtering and distortion options.
- Harmor - Vectorial UI.
- Fruity Balance - New vectorial UI & converted native plugin.
- Patcher - Threaded processing of hosted plugins/modules. 'More...' option in plugin insertion menus. (Right-click) node and select 'Insert plugin...' to connect a plugin to a node. Load DirectWave when .dwp file is dropped. (Middle-click) plugin title bar to rename.(Middle-click) connection filter checkboxes to disable the two others. 'Tree display' option in Control Surface tab Preset Menu. (Left-Click) to switch filter groups On/Off. (Middle-Mouse Click) to Solo/Unsolo a filter group.
- Edison - Shows the length of selections (top-right in the Editor window).
- Layer Channel - 'Reset children' option, resets the range and root notes for all Child Channels of a layer.
- DirectWave - Resizable vectorial UI. New filters (MiniSynth & Vox) plus High Quality Rendering (Option) to enable near audio-rate modulation of all DirectWave parameters.
- Channel Sampling Robot - (Right-click) any Channel and select 'Create DirectWave instrument' to turn any Channel, Patcher or Layer into a DirectWave bank/patch.
- Transistor Bass - New '303 Square waveform' switch and 'Gate Length' control.
- Control Creator - Updated and now accessible from Patcher > Control Surface and the Tools menu.
- Control Surface - Controls can now be auto-aligned. Select two or more controls and Right-click > Align for options.
- Piano roll - 'Menu > View > Mini piano roll preview' shows an overview of notes in the scroll-bar. Highlight root key according to scale. New 'Menu > View > Keyboard style > Dark' keyboard mode. Use (Ctrl+Mouse-wheel) on Channel Selector to select empty Channels.
- Plugin preset panel - Native plugins now show preset name and selection on the top-right of the window.
- Playlist - 'Menu > View > Mini playlist preview' shows an overview of Clips in the scroll-bar.
- MIDI Out - New 'Note' Knob output mode. Automate sending note on and off. A note value of 0 = Note OFF.
- Tools > Macros - 'Lock all playlist tracks to content' and 'Unlock all playlist tracks from content'. Aids for 'block-track' simulated workflow.
- VIEW > Close all plugin windows (Alt+F12) - Closes only plugin windows.
- Hide the plugin wrapper menu by default - See 'General Settings > Miscellaneous > Hide plugin window toolbar by default'.
- TOOLS > Macros > Lock all playlist tracks to content and Unlock all playlist tracks from content. This is a helper for those wanting to replicate 'block-track' behavior present in older versions of FL Studio.
- Additional changes & Bugfixes - Many! See the What's New here.