To make things interesting, you are allowed to resample FL Slayer, but FL Slayer only. You can use this as an opportunity to process/mangle FL Slayer using third party plugins and effects, then load the resulting audio into any of FL's generators that permit. However, despite how many times you resample, you must still have 1 active instance of FL Slayer (running live) in your project, as it's the minimum requirement.
You are allowed to record and include vocals should you feel the urge to sing, rap or perform some spoken word poetry.
Here are 6 optional challenges that are encouraged, but NOT required for a valid entry. Complete them all, or pick and choose what you want to include:
- Use an instance of Plucked! I heard you like synth guitars with your synth guitars! Spice up your project with even moar synthetic guitar goodness!
- Plagiarise a famous guitar riff/lick. You're not a rock star until you "borrow" a riff, unintentionally or not. [Use your common sense & do at your own risk. Parody; wink wink nudge nudge.]
- Include an instance of BooBass. Supplement your fake guitars with fake bass guitar. Or make it not sound like bass guitar at all. Your call.
- Record and include a vocal grunt/scream. Whether it's a 'yeah', 'no, 'uhh' or the classic metalhead 'DIIIEEEEE!', let's hear you vocalise a grunt/noise. The audio you provide for this (as it's optional) can already be processed to death, so don't be shy.
- Include the sample 'FLS_Applause 001' (Packs>Legacy>FX). Phoney guitar shredding requires phoney applause. The sample doesn't have to be recognisable.
- Use an instance of Delay III that goes into heavy feedback at some point. Because feedback is sooo metal! Rock on \m/
Aside from the resampling of FL Slayer, recorded vocals & the vocal grunt optional challenge, all samples and plugins used must be native to FL Studio. You can also use any free content available from FL Studio's online content library, should you wish.
- Valid entries must contain at least 1 active instance of FL Slayer.
- Resampling of FL Slayer is allowed. What you do with the resampled audio is your business. The end result must be loaded into a native FL generator within the project.
- Recording of vocals is allowed.
- All native FL Studio generators, effects, audio & features are allowed, as long as they conform to the aforementioned rules.
- Freely available content from the online content library is permitted.
- Über Challenges are indeed optional. Ignore, complete them all, or pick and choose. Declaring completion of uber challenges is itself optional. Voters can take these into account at their own discretion.
To enter, upload your MP3 and FLP/Zipped loop package to this thread by Wednesday 4th April 2018, 23:59 GMT. Multiple entries are allowed, up to a maximum of 3 submissions per entrant. The winner will be decided by popular vote, who will then decide the rules for and moderate the monthly contest for April. Vote count per user will be proportional to the number of entries, thus yet to be decided & subject to change. Aiming for 3.
Eat s**t & die, maggots
All previous contests - Looptalk User Contest Archive
*Note FL Slayer is 32-bit only, and is a deprecated plugin. It may have bugs. For best results, it might be sensible to work in the 32-bit version of FL, but I've personally had success bridging it in the 64-bit version of FL without too many hassles. YMMV. Any problems that you think affect your ability to provide a valid submission, please speak up. The allowance of resampling means most bugs can be avoided, with a bit of clever thinking
**Participants that wish to be included in the 'Looptalk User Contests' SoundCloud playlist are encouraged to also provide a link to a SoundCloud upload. The page contains lots of cool music, mostly stock FL and under various contest conditions. A collection of obscure rarities, as well as a few bangers. Feel free to setup an alt account just for contest entries if you'd prefer.
Congratulations to our winner, Lusterquin!