[Edison] Thoughts about recording markers + time signature changes directly on grid along with audio + compensated grid

Discuss how to use FL Studio

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”

Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
D3Mens
Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:55 am

x

[Edison] Thoughts about recording markers + time signature changes directly on grid along with audio + compensated grid

Hello!

I just had this strange idea and I had some considerations I thought worth to share:

I've noticed that Edison doesn't record Playlist markers (why?), only the start song marker (Song jump) is recorded. Is there any reason why this isn't possible?

And what if Edison could be able to record time signature markers and then show different time signatures directly on its grid as soon as those are recorded along with audio?

And if it could record markers, could those recorded markers be maybe latency compensated?

What I'm saying is: if it is not possible to compensate the audio recorded into Edison (e.g. when placed on the Current track that records a track with latency), wouldn't maybe easier to compensate its grid by using those latency compensated time markers?
Once the Song jump marker is compensated, the grid automatically aligns to it.

This way it could be possible to solve that latency silence too: once the grid is compensated and the recording stops, then it would be definitely easy to implement an automatic cut of the silence from the beginning of the recording to the first grid line ( perfectly aligned with that Song jump marker).

Not sure If that's feasible, but if it is, then Edison will be finally able to always record perfectly on time no matter where you place it.

Sorry for the many questions and maybe programming blasphemy, I'm just wondering... Btw any comment (hopefully from IL) would be really appreciated.

Regards,

Madma

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”