Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”

Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
danivicen
Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:38 pm

x

Events editor, am I missing something?

Why is the event editor such a suffering? I use MIDI automation all the time, and it's so hard to work with the event editor, first of all is because there is no snap to grid function, so all the time I try to get to 0 or to a specific point I have to try to line up, an option to input a number would be ideal, but it's not really a solution because of the 2nd point:

Then this large kind of block that you are editing, is just so weird, when you want to edit one end of a line just one little point of the block moves, so when you want to move a complete line you have to totally redraw it, then you have this redrawn lines with weird cuts between them because it's such a hassle to connect between points, also trying to edit something in the end is a hassle too because if you touch the end line that goes to infinity you have to reline it up with 0 (normally) so you have to try to not go -1 or +1 with a surgeon skill and also not try to move too much to the left or right, because then you don't move the end point, or create a new one, why isn't just lines and dots like in automations?
I get that for MIDI recording making dots it's not the best option, becauses you'll have a thousand dots, but automations have a normalize option that works really well, I don't get why you stay with this big block of different levels that's impossible to edit precisely, it feels so random working with it, it's so frustrating and kills my vibe totally.

Also an option to get faster to the event editor would be nice, a button on the toolbar or a button to go to event editor on the control menu of the piano roll, because everytime you want to access it you have to swim through the browser.

I mean, I love FL Studio and your work guys, but the event editor together with the PDC and the organization system are the weakest points of FL, tho the last two you are making amazing advancements, but maybe I'm missing something?

Best regards!

HeathW
Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:27 pm

x

Re: Events editor, am I missing something?

danivicen wrote:because there is no snap to gri...

danivicen
Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:17 pm

x

Thanks for your response HeathW! there is a sn...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

monkvolcno
Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:24 pm

x

Yea, it makes no sense to not have a button and...

HeathW
Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:00 pm

x

re: open event editor menu item got it.. it...

danivicen
Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:18 pm

x

I know automation is flexible, but the problem ...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

AJYoung
Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:57 pm

x

danivicen wrote:I can have 8 instances of horns...

danivicen
Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:50 am

x

I know that AJ, but I copy one automation to th...

danivicen
Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:21 pm

x

Thanks for the suggestion but, just a straight ...

Dragonghost
Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:05 pm

x

Use the pencil instead of the brush, this will ...

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”