Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”

Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Soulshade
Fri May 18, 2018 7:50 pm

x

DIY-Hardware shortcuts

I got this idea when Reaper (yes, i use it for stem mastering) implemented keyboard shortcuts for adding fx in mixer tracks. This is a real time saver!
I thought i should somehow do the same in FLS which is my main daw. Autohokey only would not do the trick, because it messed my typing keyboard.
So i googled around and found "Intercept" and "Interception.exe" that can remap only the keyboard defined by its hardware id (HID\VID).
I already had a couple of old keyboards sitting around so i put one to use.
The idea is:
1. Capture a keypress only from the old keyboard and remap it to an exotic keyboard combination that is not used by FLS or windows (Interception/Intercept)
2. Have AutoHotkey capture this exotic combination and execute a command

So now when i press a key in this old keyboard these 102 :mrgreen: things happen:
- Add vst/vsti: for example AutoHotkey sends "F8 fruity parametric eq 2 <<Enter>>" to add PEQ2
- Mouse clicks anywhere in my monitor (for example Multilink to controllers --> Create automation clip)
- Open Folders (like my vst folder)
- Open my help files without leaving FLS
- Run Programs
- Open web pages
etc
and the best part is that my main typing keyboard is still unaffected to use it the way i did till now.
Imagine now that you can make limitless .ini files (they store remapping info for intercept.exe) for up to 10 (!) keyboards

It's really worth the effort. In the long run, the time spent setting all this up, saves you time and frustration.
For anyone who wants to try this here's a link to get you started:
https://github.com/TaranVH/2nd-keyboard ... /README.md
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”