Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”

Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
DezmondMusic
Mon May 21, 2018 1:10 am

x

*HELP PLEASE* The Use of Stereo Seperation in FL Studio

So, I am extremely confused on how the stereo separation knob is supposed to be correctly used in FL Studio. In programs like Pro Tools, each new stereo track you make starts out with left and right panned 100%, indicating full stereo separation. However, the FL Studio interface is different. Each stereo track starts out in the center, with no stereo separation or a mono sound. If I were to make a bus, say for my drums, should the stereo separation knob be put at 100% to the left (the blue color, not purple) or is routing all my drums to the bus the only thing I need to do to achieve a proper bus track? Same goes for vocals. If I do my chorus with a middle, left, and right track (3 separate recordings of the same vocals - aka stacks) and want the left and right together in a bus track, and then that bus track of the L/R in another bus with the M chorus vocals, should those two separate bus tracks be stereo separated at 100% or should I not touch that knob at all? Whoever can answer this for me, I would be very grateful because if I've been doing my mixing wrong this entire time, I'd be happy to know I just found a solution to significantly improving the quality of music and not ruining its mono compatibility.

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”