Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”

Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
NoosNom
Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:17 pm

x

Auto select linked modules

With every update, I seem to struggle with one particular nasty niggle in setting up FL studio that is absolutely poorly defined. This nasty little niggle is to turn off the auto hide of open and unfocused window modules using a poorly defined option toggle. In this case, the option being "Auto select linked modules" under general settings.

The term "Auto select linked modules" and the descriptor for this toggle option "Focusing plugin windows selects mixer tracks" is ambiguous and confusing.

It obvious that people on the forms will ask from time to time "how do I show hidden opened modules" and are directed to use the "Auto select linked modules"

As a suggestion I would change the toggle option for "Auto select linked modules" to "Auto hide open but unfocused modules"
and the descriptors from "Focusing plugin windows selects mixer tracks" to "Only focused modules are shown".

...I'm sure some will say why on earth would you want turn this option off? However, when dealing with Kontakt or other Vsti's that require multiple midi-outs, you need to see those midi-outs along side with Kontakt of parent Vst for setup and trouble shooting.

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”